Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Polly is offline Registered User

We had looked at these but headroom is below needs at 5' 4" (plus the position of the galley is an issue).

Nice, strong boat 'though.

Westerly 25 is ideal - if you can find one that has been cared for - price will be under 5k for a good one, but even one with a dodgy motor at around 2-3k will be well within budget with a new outboard.

What about the Macwester Rowan Crown?

Get yourself a copy of Bristows' Book of Yachts from around the late 70's early 80's & you will quickly get an idea of what is worth going to see. Or put your requirements into any brokerage site to see what it comes up with.

I always like to explore & see what there is rather than aim for any specific boat. That way you come acrosss stuff you might not otherwise have considered & you soon get to know the models you like.
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

rob2 is offline Registered User

How about a Marcon Tomahawk? Supposed to be quite quick, available with bilge keels and I don't remember any headroom probs (although I'm only 5'7" - but never noticed lack of space).

Rob.

Polly is offline Registered User

The headroom is a prerequisite, and it is this plus the two settee berths and inboard that are the main sticking points. Hence my beg for help. We've trawled through most boats on the Web. Afraid it's "headroom, headroom, headroom"! (And, of course, the price!)

But thanks everyone for your suggestions so far.

prv is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    Wot? No Andersen 22?

:-)

Pete

Have a look at the Macwester Rowan Crown, as mentioned by Searush, fulfills all your requirements and more. They are 24ft long with a long keel, some were fitted with bilge plates.

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Hustler 25.5 - great boat, but wrong number of keels.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

Ubergeekian is offline Registered User
    Location : Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbright, Loch Ken, Port Bannatyne

If you can stretch to 26', what about a Westerly Centaur in either the B (settee opposite galley + quarterberth) or C (settee opposite settee + galley aft) layout?

Seajet is offline Registered User

A good Centaur is probably above the OP's budget, last I heard around 13K but that's probably out of date, may have gone up with time, or down with recession; I'm not looking for one !

PRV Pete,

As the OP wants headroom rather than a sailing boat, and lift keels are specifically ruled out ( God knows why but each to their own, the idea of enjoying a boat is as simple as smiling when you row away for the week ) I haven't mentioned ANDERSON 22's as they don't seem to suit this person's needs.

Nice of you to mention the design though, even if the spelling was dodgy !

Andy

A mac wester rowan fulfils all your criteria the head room is around 5 ft 9 i'm 6ft 2 and can stand with my head stooped slightly.
    www.skegnessyachtclub.co.uk
    Cheap moorings available at friendly club