Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

More aimed at Paul G than anyone else, but I've seen bot threads here and at WSF and whilst I agree that Johnn's posts are certainly confusing it has highlighted some odd goings on at JRS.

Changing ebay listings, Mobile numbers that are private and not for customer use, but shown on all used boat listings and also the same one as the private seller on ebay, amazing upgrading buyers - I wish all mine did that...

Barge pole and not touching springs to mind.

PaulGooch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nautibusiness View Post
    More aimed at Paul G than anyone else, but I've seen bot threads here and at WSF and whilst I agree that Johnn's posts are certainly confusing it has highlighted some odd goings on at JRS.

Changing ebay listings, Mobile numbers that are private and not for customer use, but shown on all used boat listings and also the same one as the private seller on ebay, amazing upgrading buyers - I wish all mine did that...

Barge pole and not touching springs to mind.
    This is a very confusing affair. The CE plate issue now seems to have taken a new twist. It seems that, despite JRS pointing out the illegality to both myself an "Hardguy", they are actually retro supplying CE plates for home finished boats. Whether or not they are also supplying the required builders certificate or declaration of conformity is still unclear.

The story about the cat upgrade given to Hardguy is exactly the same as the Ebay story, as are the phone numbers. I've no doubt that the Ebay listing has been placed by JRS. Quite why would be anyone's guess. They are a VAT registered company, but no mention of VAT in the Ebay listing. Also no warranty with an Ebay listing.

Phones not getting answered, PayPal account unable to accept money, dormant Ltd company somehow connected to JRS marine etc are all strange. It'a also strange that the company make no effort to explain the anomalies or defend themselves.

Shame really, the boat doesn't look a bad bit of kit and seems well priced. Could have been a success for them.

Oh, what's the betting we haven't heard the last of JRS CE plating ? How long before someone else pops up with the same query ? How long before these appear on the 2nd hand market and there is all sorts of confusion caused ?

Silly question but I'm sure my Quicksilver inflatable dingy was CE plated, but that didn't have a steering wheel or even a permanently fitted engine.. why would a CE plate be withheld due to not having a steering wheel?

Surely if an owner chose to have an outboard with an extended tiller it wouldn't be any less seaworthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Chas25 View Post
    Silly question but I'm sure my Quicksilver inflatable dingy was CE plated, but that didn't have a steering wheel or even a permanently fitted engine.. why would a CE plate be withheld due to not having a steering wheel?

Surely if an owner chose to have an outboard with an extended tiller it wouldn't be any less seaworthy?
    It isn't a case of what the boat has or doesn't have. It has to be completed by the builder, not part built and then finished at home.

When you bought the dinghy, you didn't have to glue the transom in

Grubble is offline Registered User

What happened to Johnn in the end? Did he get his CE plate, or does he now have a boat the value of which has taken a severe beating after the slagging off the manufacturer has had on this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubble View Post
    What happened to Johnn in the end? Did he get his CE plate, or does he now have a boat the value of which has taken a severe beating after the slagging off the manufacturer has had on this thread?
    Dunno, you tell us.

Grubble is offline Registered User

Dont you just hate it when you stop and ask for directions and its the village idiot who replies?

I was rather hoping that the mysterious Johnn might have an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubble View Post
    Dont you just hate it when you stop and ask for directions and its the village idiot who replies?

I was rather hoping that the mysterious Johnn might have an update.
    Yeah, kind of like when some smug tvat joins a forum and asks stupid questions.

sarabande is offline Registered User

one suspects that wee Grubble is a re-incarnation...
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    one suspects that wee Grubble is a re-incarnation...
    Not another vicar?