Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Imho best food in dubrovnik is Pucic Palace, though it is in old city insides so no sea view. Nautika is also very nice, and great view. The newish Gils has perhaps the best location (view over harbour) but I dunno how good the food is
    We were at Gils this summer, food not same quality as Nautika nor Proto, and the servants try a bit to hard..., but the vieuw is nice indeed.

Never was at Pucic Palace, in high season too many tourists walking along the place and looking in your dish.

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post

where's your favourite cruising / diving areas?
    favourite cruising is Croatia ofcause,
    favourite diving is SOF, the area between Marseille and Toulon is my favourite.
    the combination of the climate, culture, athmosphere, deep bleu water, surprisingly good underwater life, friends, and .... my boat
    Egypt is very good, but after 8 visits, I'm a little fed up with it.
    In April I'll go for the 3th time to Maldives, very nice when you like the big stuff like me

but as usual more important is with whom you can share the fun, then where it takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    Do you get out in winter or is the boat put to bed?
    sinds end october boat is in my warehouse, but next sunday we will take part in a "Xmis" trip, for sports boats, sailing approx 100nm in the inland waters around Rotterdam. (BRRRRR that will be cold )
    then she will go in for winter maintenance, and some modifications on the deck, to be ready by mid april.

mjf is offline Registered User

Another vote for Nautika , fab fresh fish and as jfm says the location is wonderful.

My hosts told me it was the old nautical college and they had studied there.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    I have saved all your Croatia posts and will use them for my next cruise there

how do you save posts ?
    I use "Favourites" is that what you do ?

problem is they don't travel with me when I'm on another PC

jfm is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    how do you save posts ?
    I use "Favourites" is that what you do ?

problem is they don't travel with me when I'm on another PC
    I just paste them into one Word doc called "Croatia threads", so I can lookup the pictures and place names. Not very sophisticated! If you select the whole thread, copy/paste into MS Word, you definitely get all the actual images, and not just the [img] xxxxxx[img] text. Crude, but works fine

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Did you have the opportunity to make also some snorkeling in Bisevo blue cave? That's the best swimming spot of the whole Adriatic imho, with very coloured rock walls enlightened by the sun, particularly in the morning.

we still haven't been able to snorkel in the cave. it is forbidden in high season, many visitors with the dingy's going in.
    I'm not sure if they allow it some time. last year we were there also in high season, but there were less visitors, it was afternoon, and also not allowed.

as a senior Croatia cruiser, what is your favourite cruising area and mooring spot in the Adriatic ?
    (apart from Lastovo which I know you like)

Doh! Are they really forbidding snorkeling in Bisevo cave now?
    Shame on them, you're loosing 90% of the cave beauty if you can't snorkel inside it.
    'Fiuaskme, I'd rather forbid RIBs than snorkeling...
    ...though I guess their reason has something to see with the chance to collect some money from visitors on a dinghy, as opposed to swimmers?

Now, my favourite cruising area and mooring spots... Not easy to say, really - there were just too many.
    Some day I must find the time to dig in my pics collection and put together a retrospective cruise report!
    Anyway yes, Lastovo would definitely be among my top choices.
    In the same area, I can remember also some beautiful spots in Mljet and Korcula.
    And further north, various small bays in the Kornati archipelago, with the nearby Telascica (though only off season - too crowded in Jul/Aug).
    But also the lunar landscape of Velebitski Kanal, or Rab, with its very nice village and the bays in the western coast of the island.
    Oh, and Cres, with the southern Kolorat bay.
    And Premuda, Losinj, Unije, or the Brijuni archipelago, or...
    Heck, those Croatian were indeed blessed with countless fantastic cruising areas!

Are they really forbidding snorkeling in Bisevo cave now?
    ...I guess their reason has something to see with the chance to collect some money from visitors on a dinghy, as opposed to swimmers?
    exactly.

my favourite cruising area and mooring spots:

further north,
    various small bays in the Kornati archipelago, with the nearby Telascica....
    But also the lunar landscape of Velebitski Kanal, or Rab, with its very nice village and the bays in the western coast of the island.
    and Cres, with the southern Kolorat bay.
    And Premuda, Losinj, Unije, or the Brijuni archipelago, or...
    Well still some area's to discover for us then,
    we've only covered south Dalmatia, south of Sibenik so far

Some day I must find the time to dig in my pics collection and put together a retrospective cruise report!
    that would be REALLY interesting,
    in stead of commenting everybody elses posts

thanks for the warm comments
    and best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    that would be REALLY interesting,
    in stead of commenting everybody elses posts
    Haha, got the message.
    You know what, I'm one of those narrow minded old farts who continued to use film cameras till a few years ago, so I don't have my nicests pics of the croatian years in digital format...
    What else would you expect from someone who cruises on a wooden boat in 2010?

What else would you expect from someone who cruises on a wooden boat in 2010?
    nothing
    although while being young and handsome I do like wooden boats very much !
    the only issue is the other half