Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

I think that ropewalk has taken on a role of defending the whole VP network which is obviously not in their responsibility
    but have not your original question can non fully trained( by VP approved trainers) technicians carry out work just because they are employed by an approved dealer.
    I would suggest that the answer is 1/yes they can
    2/no they should not
    3/how do you know

Ropewalk Marine is offline Registered User

Unhappy Giving up - It's impossible

Quote Originally Posted by DAKA View Post
    As you came across as representing the VP dealers and VP Europe I assumed you knew about the sinking boats I am talking about.
    I strongly recommend you dont goad me into posting the full details.............I doubt many would trust their boats with VP network ever again and VP Europe was partially responsible.

Seeing as you are a newbie, I best explain that I am not a freelance mechanic although when Im on holiday with Volvo penta boats and having to sort out VP cockups it feels like it !
    Feel like our views have been misconstrued.
    Ropewalk are simply a main VP Dealer and it is not our place to defend the entire VP Network, but as we are part of it, surely it is fair to expect us to defend some of the unfair and inaccurate stuff that has been posted. I have done my best to convey factual information and defend the VP network of which we are part of, and the products that we sell. It appears as though some on this forum feel that this is not our place and therefore we will not spend more time on this forum.
    It feels a bit like we've wasted a fair amount of time on this forum and if our input is not wanted, then apologies to all. We'll avoid what could turn into unpleasantness, which is the very thing that we were trying to avoid by joining in on this blog entitled Volvo Penta's Shameful warranty.
    Finally, apologies for the unprofessional response to Daka in the form of phrasing some of his post as "Bobbins". However, the “Sorry, tuned out again” comment kind of says it all. If the posts made are only partially read by those Hell Bent on tarnishing VP, and then replies are made what hope do we have?

Thumbs down Did the training post even get read?

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    I think that ropewalk has taken on a role of defending the whole VP network which is obviously not in their responsibility
    but have not your original question can non fully trained( by VP approved trainers) technicians carry out work just because they are employed by an approved dealer.
    I would suggest that the answer is 1/yes they can
    2/no they should not
    3/how do you know
    Not our place to defend a Network that we are part of? If it is not our place then who's is it?
    If the answer to this is VP Europe then does Scottie really think that VP would attempt to defend their selves in an environment where some people are so keen to disregard factual posts which offer a true defence? This maybe unfair but judged on our new experience of joining in on this forum the best answer to this is clearly "No"!
    Did someone find that their local VP Dealer employed blind chimpanzees with two left hands, tooled up with a Leatherman or something? What is going on with the negativity? Who experienced what with who? We can only present the facts which are true to our business. Please can someone tell me what is going on with the "Hate VP Campaign?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ropewalk Marine View Post
    Feel like our views have been misconstrued.
    Ropewalk are simply a main VP Dealer and it is not our place to defend the entire VP Network, but as we are part of it, surely it is fair to expect us to defend some of the unfair and inaccurate stuff that has been posted.
    I thought your posts came across very well , I wasnt aiming ANY shots at you or your company.

I clearly had the inadequate warranty in my sights which is a VP head office issue.

Its a shame you took it personally as your posts were well made balanced with humour.
    Of course you are very welcome and well placed to defend the VP network however you need to be concious that they may have done acts that arent defendable.
    Last edited by DAKA; 31-12-10 at 21:07.

Talking May have the solution to our long posts?

I thought your posts came across very well , I wasnt aiming ANY shots at you or your company.
    Thanks Daka. I realise that you didn't snipe at Ropewalk or me.
    Its a shame you took it personally as your posts were well made balanced with humour.
    Thanks again…. We didn’t take this personally. I don't want anyone to think that we're offended. I have a four year old daughter puts her hands over her ears and sings "La, La, La" when I try to tell her that I'm right and she's wrong, so I get used to being ignored.

Skip to remaining post in red if you have the attention span of an exceptionally inattentive goldfish.

Personally, I get very involved with the Apprenticeships and get a little agitated when people criticise Apprentices when they are being used properly. People seem to be under the impression that Apprentices are used as a means to minimise expenditure. You riled me when you “Tuned out” to what is something that I believe helps many businesses maintain full control of the abilities of their employees. At the end of a five year term I’d rather have one home grown Engineer who started as a completely green, bright, practical, school leaver in my employment, than a recent redundantee (which is what you get through normal recruitment channels)…….. Whether they are trained by VP, CAT, Cummins, Yanmar, NASA, or http://www.scam-marine.hr/?language=english&idlan=1! (I know I’ve used the SCAM reference before but I still think that it is funny! Make sure you check out the link to prove SCAM's authenticity. The smaller compact engines from SCAM are brilliant and I toyed with the idea of trying to establish a UK Dealership earlier in the year. Advised to steer clear by absolutely everyone I chatted to, solely because of marketing their name in the UK.)
    Sorry again if I seemed sensitive on this.
    Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropewalk Marine View Post
    Skip to remaining post in red if you have the attention span of an exceptionally inattentive goldfish. [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    Thats better

It was only my sense of humour, I had read all your post as I started my reply with a quote from the middle of the long paragraph

Wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year
    cheers
    Pete

Thumbs up

You too.
    Happy non-festive period. (Yipee!...Ba Humbug)

Now I hope you feel more welcome on the forum can we get back to the subject of Volvo Penta (Head Office , not local / main dealers ) shafting their loyal UK clients ?

In the states they give 48 months (4 years) warranty cover which is a little better than they offer in the UK

http://www.volvopenta.com/SiteCollec...A_Warranty.pdf

copy paste here
    Warranty
    Period Hour Limitation
    Corrosion Coverage 48 Months
    Volvo Penta of the Americas, Inc., warrants that each new
    Volvo Penta OceanX engine, transom shield, and sterndrive
    will not fail mechanically as a direct result of corrosion for a
    period of four years.

Warranty
    Period
    Hour
    Limitation*

D5 – D7:
    Rating 1 12 Months None 36 Months 6000 hrs
    Rating 2 12 Months 3000* 36 Months 6000 hrs
    D4©€, D6* , D9, D11,
    D12, D13
    6 – 16 Liter:
    Rating 1 12 Months None 36 Months 6000 hrs
    Rating 2 12 Months None* 36 Months 6000 hrs
    Rating 3 12 Months None* 36 Months 6000 hrs
    Rating 4 12 Months 800* 36 Months 2400 hrs
    D3-
    110/130/160/190++
    Charter Application
    Only
    Rating 5 12 Months 800* N/A N/A

Davy_S is offline Registered User

I have read all of this thread simply because I have a morbid fascination with big diesel engines and like to learn more, No other interest at the moment. I have found it very interesting. I have read every post that Latesterter and Volvo Paul have ever made, sad I know, but I find their posts informative and interesting and obviously from people who know what they are talking about.
    Please keep them coming!
    Also I think that it is nice to hear from the likes of Ropewalk Marine, and see their point of view. I think they have done themselves (and Volvo) a great service by having the bottle to post on here. I wish more companies would do this.
    No other reason to post this, but after all, this is what the forum should be about and it provides interesting and objective comments, so IMHO a VERY good thread

Quote Originally Posted by Davy_S View Post
    I have read all of this thread simply because I have a morbid fascination with big diesel engines and like to learn more, No other interest at the moment. I have found it very interesting. I have read every post that Latesterter and Volvo Paul have ever made, sad I know, but I find their posts informative and interesting and obviously from people who know what they are talking about.
    Please keep them coming!
    Also I think that it is nice to hear from the likes of Ropewalk Marine, and see their point of view. I think they have done themselves (and Volvo) a great service by having the bottle to post on here. I wish more companies would do this.
    No other reason to post this, but after all, this is what the forum should be about and it provides interesting and objective comments, so IMHO a VERY good thread
    Thankyou Davy_S will keep them coming!