Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Read the English! He is stating in English what the device uses.

"....needs around 16A every 24 hours"

That is it consumes 16A over a 24 hour period or expressed as AH (16/24) is 2/3 of one Amp Hour (0.66666...)
    Temptress of Down
    http://gbr195t.blogspot.com/

awol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by temptress View Post

That is it consumes 16A over a 24 hour period or expressed as AH (16/24) is 2/3 of one Amp Hour (0.66666...)

"....needs around 16A every 24 hours" actually means 16 coulomb/second every 24 hours which is 24x3600x16 coulombs which in turn is 384Ah. That would be quite a heavy battery bank!

If human rights requires giving prisoners votes and not deporting foreign criminals then surely trolls have the right to be fed?

VicS is offline Registered User

So does the darned thing take a current of 16amps ?????

No of course it does not! it wouuld require much to much battery capacity to run it for long enough to be effective it it did.

I think it should read ..... and this is the whole point of the OP starting the thread ....."needs around 16Ah every 24 hours"

We don't know how much of the time it is actually operating so from the information given we cannot calculate what actual current (in amps ) it takes while it is operating.

The information given , if read correctly, ( ie Ah in 24 hours) is useful in determining battery size and charging requirements but when it come to installing it you still need to know the actual current it takes, in amps, in order to correctly size the wiring and the fuse.

Hopefully the instructions supplied with the unit give the necessary information.

Anybody know what unit is the subject of all this ... anybody read YM

Ubergeekian is offline Registered User
    Location : Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbright, Loch Ken, Port Bannatyne

I think my head just exploded.

Hahahahahaha, what a buch of Peukerts Perverts. I do so enjoy this stuff.
    Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    Robert Green Ingersoll

ukmctc is offline Registered User

Having read all this and the article, it states basically that the item uses 16 amps over 24 hours, whats so difficult to understand, you need to replace 16 amps in you battery bank evey 24 hrs at least so it will operate this unit.
    Simple.
    its the same way we all discribe using anything electrical units from our battery banks, aint it?
    Or is that too simple for us simple boaty folk.

rivonia is offline Registered User

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ukmctc View Post
    Having read all this and the article, it states basically that the item uses 16 amps over 24 hours, whats so difficult to understand, you need to replace 16 amps in you battery bank evey 24 hrs at least so it will operate this unit.
    Simple.
    its the same way we all discribe using anything electrical units from our battery banks, aint it?
    Or is that too simple for us simple boaty folk.
    At least someone agrees with me, ta mate

Peter

earlybird is offline Registered User

As a diversion, but remaining on the topic of electrical energy, can anyone define a "household" which seems to be the preferred unit for wind farm output?

Quote Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
    As a diversion, but remaining on the topic of electrical energy, can anyone define a "household" which seems to be the preferred unit for wind farm output?
    good troll. You are a bit late to this thread though.
    Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    Robert Green Ingersoll

Default Ignorance and pinches of salt

What this thread has comprehensively demonstrated to me is that there are an awful lot of posters on this forum who happily post with apparently complete certainty and confidence about matters of which they know little. I learned about volts, amps, ohms, watts and so on in school about 50 years ago. I have had no real reason to use that knowledge professionally since, but I still remember it, unlike (so it seems) many of my fellow posters.

Now, if the same principles of posting apply to any of the other topics addressed by this forum, why should I trust anything I read here? (I'm in the market for a new anchor by the way).

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast