Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Both mine built yesterday, looking to pot the transponders this week.

Having cancelled the order at the beginning of December due to the 30 extra carriage I have bit the bullet resigned myself to the extra costs and reordered.

Guess what -they have accepted the order and it has now been despatched with just the 10 postage!

With just the import fees to pay now you can imagine how pleased I am and cannot wait to start building it when it arrives.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

Yes got mine with no extra postage required for two units.

I wuz robbed
    Working on immortality - One day at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman_E View Post
    I wuz robbed
    Don't know if you saw my post on the PBO forum but I am now wondering about powering the system. I have never left my shore power on when away from the boat as I have never been sure of the effect on the batteries of being charged allbeit on float by the Mastervolt charger for weeks at a time. I still am not convinced and am thinking a 12 volt power supply direct from the shore supply leaving the batteries isolated and not on charge. Have you any thoughts?

My method of keeping the batteries up to snuff when I am away is the leave the battery charger connected via a seven day mechanical time switch, set to come on for about one hour, twice a week. This is similar to the type of switch I use, though mine is entirely mechanical and was a lot cheaper. http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TCCPU7.html. With the added drain of two antifouling units I might extend the time.

EDIT, I just found the type I use http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...7C14418710.htm
    Last edited by Norman_E; 25-01-11 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by petehb View Post
    Don't know if you saw my post on the PBO forum but I am now wondering about powering the system. I have never left my shore power on when away from the boat as I have never been sure of the effect on the batteries of being charged allbeit on float by the Mastervolt charger for weeks at a time. I still am not convinced and am thinking a 12 volt power supply direct from the shore supply leaving the batteries isolated and not on charge. Have you any thoughts?
    I would say this was reasonable if you have a shore power connection anyway.
    We used to do this with our elecs on the last boat - no battery charger, so when connected to shorepower we had a rectifier and I connected that into the boats electrics (having isolated the battery!) then carry on using stuff without worrying too much.

Talbot is offline Registered User

How do you decide how many of these you need for a specific boat - for exaple a 39ft catamaran?
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
    Robert A Heinlein

The magazine article says one unit for a mono-hull up to 32 feet, therefore a 39 foot cat is probably going to need 4 units. I say probably because the article was basically considering relatively wide beam motorboats, with the unit placed well aft to give best protection to props and rudders. On a 39 foot catamaran it might work with one unit in each hull, placed about two thirds of the way back behind any stub keels or dagger boards. I base this on the fact that if you put one unit in a 32 foot motorboat, aft of the propellers as they illustrate, it is also trying to protect the bow part of a boat which is over 25 feet away.
    Last edited by Norman_E; 26-01-11 at 12:53.

Plamen is offline Registered User

Default 2 Jaycar ultrasonic kits for sale (Germany)

Hi All
    just to let you know, I have 2 Jaycar ultrasonic kits for sale, sitting now on my shelf in Germany. I ordered 6, 2 of them I don't need anymore. I payd just the standard shipping 20 GBP for 2, plus 19% German VAT & some clearance service (similar to UK costs). I just want to cover my costs, If somebody wants them drop me a PM.
    I will than breakdown the exact costs (for me they are in EUR)
    but again I don't want profit out of it, just fair cost coverage.
    Best regards
    Plamen

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast