Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation I hope this isn't anyone here

as said, thoughts are very much with those yet to be found...

this is an extract from Dart Harbour and Navigation Authority from their 11th Oct minutes which I presume relates to the ship

Yarmouth Navigator

The Authority now own a vessel named the Yarmouth Navigator as the result of a Writ for non payment of harbour dues and berthing fees. The vessel is in a poor condition and requires considerable work to be made seaworthy.

The Authority is keen for the vessel to be removed from the river. It is anticipated that the cost to dispose of the vessel would be in the region of 50,000.

The Harbour Master has therefore agreed for an interested party to work on the vessel to make repairs to the engine and steering to make seaworthy in return for the vessel being removed from the Dart. A survey is being held on the vessel which has indicated that the hull is sound and progress is being made on the repairs.

The Harbour Master has requested that the vessel is removed before the winter.
    confirmation that 1 person is still missing.. fingers crossed they're pulled out alive

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...storation.html

A photo from happier times:

From last year , hope that they find missing person .

Desperately sad for all involved, especially the missing person & their family.

I see that work has been done & a survey said she was seaworthy, but it seems that they were put under pressure to go, apparently to tidy up the harbour. That doesn't leave a pleasant taste does it?
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

Last edited by oGaryo; 31-01-11 at 20:38.

I have just received a call to say that the missing man was a member of our community who I know well.

We shared many old sea stories as he was a Master Mariner, Worcester old boy who had served his time with P&O and a Younger Bretheren of Trinity House.

As happened to many of us his P&O pension evaporated, aged 67 he continued working as a marine consultant and had deferred his State Pension in order to impove his final lot......

A professional seaman.
    Last edited by Latestarter1; 01-02-11 at 07:57. Reason: typo

Body found.

Very, very sad.

Very sorry to hear that, seems the news is bad. Condolences to his family and friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast