Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I think all the boadshed guys are pretty good, they follow up if you have viewed any boats on their site.
    www.popyachts.com/ in the US are also good at this.
    I think I would be happy both buying and selling with either of these as they don't appear intimidating.

ColdFusion is offline Registered User

I can confirm that boatshed follow up when you've viewed a boat on their website.

jfm is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
    I can confirm that boatshed follow up when you've viewed a boat on their website.

Sometimes maybe. I've viewed many of their boats as a logged in registered user and never had a follow up email or contact from them (which suits me fine )

ColdFusion is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Sometimes maybe. I've viewed many of their boats as a logged in registered user and never had a follow up email or contact from them (which suits me fine )
    Some people are just born lucky

Default Number of Boats for sale

I am curious to know if there are many more boats for sale now, given the state of the economy and so on - and to what extent have time to sell figures gone up?

Haydn, why don't you use Jonic to sell your boat? The broker doesn't have to be based locally, as long as you (or someone) can do the viewings.
    I think that Haydn has the priority of getting better after his op and can't keep driving down to Conwy to supervise a tyre kicker.

A local broker came to look at Mystique here, took loads of photos and it was sold a month later.

I'll try and prise the name of the broker out of the HM or the previous owner tomorrow.

AdeOlly is offline Registered User

You need to view the same boat a few times to trigger the follow up from their system. I was told by Boatshed how many times you needed to view to activate the trigger but I can't remember....... *sigh*
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Mine went privately on "Boats and Outboards" and the very last thing I want is any broker breathing down my neck when am pulling his clients boat to bits,gloomy bilges fascinate me and getting up carpets,pulling sole inspection hatches is easier with nobody watching.
    Just give me the keys and stay in your office Mr Broker,will tell you soon enough what we think about that "amusing" asking price and "interesting" description
    of " def. not this boat" in brouchure .
    The sign of any good broker is one prepared to give his time and do accompanied viewings. I've had a bit to do with brokerage and have always accompanied the client. I dont see that the broker should hand out his clients boat keys to complete strangers. You see just the same when you lift floor boards whether the broker is stood there or not. At least then a broker can be sure that the next client who views will not get a nasty surprise when they lift the toilet lid because the previous looker couldnt be bothered to walk ten paces to the toilet block. Yes this sort of thing does happen, and worse believe me.

V1701 is offline Registered User

If you're selling, you have a decent boat and the time to do it, make a web site of your own (e.g. with moonfruit), with lots of photos and descriptions. Then link to this web site from Apollo Duck and Boats & Outboards, maybe a few others - this is the crucial bit, it's no use just having a web site, no-one will find it. Just sold mine this way, in less than 2 weeks and not far off asking price. Total cost 35 plus 2 days or so to take the photos, write the descriptions and build the site (if you can do MS word you'll cope with building the site). Your boat must be well presented, clean and tidy, the descriptions honest, etc., etc...

epervier is offline Registered User

It may not be of any use to you Haydn, but I've just put mine up for sale using the Boatshed franchise, he's the same guy I bought the boat from. although I'm no longer in his area, he still drove over an hour to take the job on.He came yesterday afternoon, at a time he said, not late, spent a hour and a half with me at the boat taking photos and details, as far as I'm concerned he couldn't have been more accommodating, first class service thus far.
    "It's Better to Have Memories Than Dreams"
    "blow Q, cycle main vents"