Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

No Boatmaster not gone shy, he turned in early for an early start this morning. Not brokering today though! I think you know the point i'm making, take the pee if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by boatmaster View Post
    No Boatmaster not gone shy, he turned in early for an early start this morning. Not brokering today though! I think you know the point i'm making, take the pee if you like.
    Yes, I've finally worked it out. It takes some people longer than others - and I can see the point of the joke now, belatedly

Best wishes, Steve K
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

Quote: They expect brokers to do such unrealistic things, like take pictures of the boat they are selling ,

No broker could promote a boat locally or on the web without taking photos period

Quote: or heaven forbid, show them around it.

I always do the viewings thats what I am there for, also 95% of the owners dont even live in Spain. To aid a sale I will often reduce my commission.

I will do a sea trial only if the owner requests that I do so.

PaulGooch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade_Master View Post
    No broker could promote a boat locally or on the web without taking photos period
    Sorry, but that's just not the case. When i purchased my current boat it was listed by 3 or 4 different brokers, only one had taken photo's and only one had a key to the boat. The dealer that supplied the boat from new was one of the brokers who had it "advertised", despite being 150 miles away and not having seen the boat since it was new, 5 years previous. The pictures they used to advertise it were from the Jeanneau brochure.

Take a look on site like BoatShop 24 and there are lots of boats advertised with brochure pictures.

blueglass is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGooch View Post
    Sorry, but that's just not the case

Take a look on site like BoatShop 24 and there are lots of boats advertised with brochure pictures.
    that's right, or indeed photos supplied by the vendor as in my own case.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567