Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Some Cowes photos, some taken on the way up from Salcombe:

We will be at the Southampton Boat show and we will take part in a couple of "Processions" a day which we will be in which include Torpedalo, Leader, Medusa, Gypsy Moth and ourselves http://www.southamptonboatshow.com/2...at_parade.aspx - if you want to see the boat and come on board we will be alongside in the Feature berth for the last three days of the show - 23rd - 25th September, come and say hi if you can.
    Cookee
    BananaShark Ltd www.bananasharkracing.com

As noted above we will be doing processions twice daily at the show - if anyone is seriously interested in a boat for marathon racing or leisure use, then if you call me there may be a chance to have a test run at some point - I will be available from the afternoon of Monday the 19th until Thursday the 22nd at the end of the day - we will be on the Feature Berth on the marina for the last three days.

There may also be room on board if anyone wants to come on the trip back to Salcombe - you'll have to make your own way home and I can give you a lift to Totnes railway station after retrieving the boat, I intend to leave weather depending as soon as the show finishes on Sunday afternoon.

Email me on cookee@bananasharkracing.com or call me on 07836 268747 to arrange either!
    Cookee

Cool

Can I get get a train back to glasgow fromt totnes lol , what an offer !!

Great thread and stunning boat. It has been very interesting indeed.

I then remembered the very first reply to your op

How wrong was he?

Sorry Cookee, but in my VERY limited knowledge of GRP construction, what you describe sounds very normal and not very exciting.
    Perhaps when you have the end result we may be interested.
    In between time it just sounds as though you are looking for a punter to pick up the development tab?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmcgee View Post
    Can I get get a train back to glasgow fromt totnes lol , what an offer !!
    Last time I looked although Totnes is in deepest darkest Devon it's still on the mainland so yes you can!

Because of weather I can't guarantee that we will leave on Sunday though, which means coming down from Scotland for the trip will be a bit of a commitment!

Thanks Taz! Whilst I will admit to being a boat builder (as if it wasn't obvious) and I need to sell boats to stay in business it was never the object to use this thread to sell boats but to inform and possibly entertain people - it seems I have succeeded in some small way!
    Cookee

Talking

cheers lol,I am a year out lol was in paington last year for 2 weeks , been down that way a couple of times over the years .

rbcoomer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
    Last time I looked although Totnes is in deepest darkest Devon it's still on the mainland so yes you can!

Because of weather I can't guarantee that we will leave on Sunday though, which means coming down from Scotland for the trip will be a bit of a commitment!

Thanks Taz! Whilst I will admit to being a boat builder (as if it wasn't obvious) and I need to sell boats to stay in business it was never the object to use this thread to sell boats but to inform and possibly entertain people - it seems I have succeeded in some small way!
    For me it has been a great thread - very enlightening/inspiring and I'd agree 100% with Taz. The end result must be very rewarding and looks fantastic! I'm not likely to build a boat, but even for a restoration perspective, this has been very informative and interesting to follow. I wish I had been able to call in and visit during the build, but has been a busy year in every way. I will come and say hello at Southampton however and perhaps stick my head around the factory door one day soon when passing too. Thank you for a great read and I for one hope you'll do again on the next build - whenever that may be!
    Fletcher Rally: swfbr.org.uk
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rbcoomer

My colleague Kevin and his mate Andy yesterday coming back from the Isle of Wight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRBce...feature=colike
    Cookee

We will be at the Southampton Boat show... come and say hi if you can.
    Aside from SIBS, as I understand you're based in S'hampton, right?
    I'm asking because I'll be there sometime between the second half of Oct and beginning of Nov, and I'd love to have a look at your pride and joy in flesh, if possible...

My colleague Kevin and his mate Andy yesterday coming back from the Isle of Wight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRBce...feature=colike
    It ain't there, cookee

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast