Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

Default Important announcement: The CB forum is moving

As some of you may know, over the past few months we have been working on a full restoration of ClassicBoat.co.uk, as part of our recent move to our new publishers, the Chelsea Magazine Company.

One of the main changes will be that the Classic Boat forum will no longer be part of YBW.com. Instead, it will sit happily as part of the ClassicBoat.co.uk website. We're hoping this will offer a far richer experience.

We will be moving all your conversations, threads and user names to the new site next week. It means some technical work for us, but for you there should be very little difference. As soon as I have any more information, I will let you know. If you have any questions about the new site please feel free to ask, and I will try to answer them as best as possible.

In the meantime, please join the Classic Boat team on Facebook... We have just launched a Facebook group and, in all honesty, could do with the friends! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Classi...67709363277915

Best

Steffan Meyric Hughes, news editor

Hi

Sorry but I do NOT do 'Facebook'

I do NOT like 'Facebook'

I do NOT want to be part of 'Facebook'

I will not join 'Facebook'

I do not like the laddie at 'Facebook' and do not subscribe to his business ethics.

You have therefore unfortunately lost me as a viewer and contributor.

Best of luck for the future.
    Rum_Pirate

PS If you are setting up a new web site (not on Facebook) please post the address
    Last edited by Rum_Pirate; 07-04-11 at 15:38.
    RELAX, Rum may not be the answer, but nor is water or juice. Now what is your Question?

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    Hi

I do NOT like 'Facebook'

I do not like the laddie at 'Facebook' and do not subscribe to his business ethics.

Rum_Pirate

PS If you are setting up a new web site (not on Facebook) please post the address
    Ditto

While not quite as vociferous as Rum Pirate, I also have no interest in "friending" organisations on Facebook. I have an account on there to help with inviting people (and being invited) to social events, as that is how a lot of folks my age organise things. Businesses, marketing campaigns, and suchlike, don't intersect with that in the slightest. What would be the point?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    Hi

I do NOT like 'Facebook'

Rum_Pirate

Ditto, and furthermore, I rather resent the assumption that we will follow, lemming like, a Facebook link. nothing could be further than a classic boat enthusiast's ethos IMO.

maybe we should have a Classic Forum for CB ?
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Default classic boat move

Not interested in Face book.
    Best place for Classiuc Boat forum is under the present arrangement.
    For who's benefit are you moving, yours or classic owners your customers
    Another customer lost.
    Bristol Channel Yachting Association. go to www.bristolchannel.co.uk

Why remove the forum from here? Who actually "owns" the current forum? Just because Classic Boat (the magazine) is changing publishers, it doesn't mean the rest of us here have no interest in classic boats. I shan't be transferring to the new forum simply because I can't be bothered opening up a new site on the off-chance there'll be something interesting for me. I certainly won't be following your progress on Facebook. What next? Is the lounge to be moved to the GQ website?

A pox upon you!
    Grow old disgracefully, it's more fun

Well that went down well!

I am afraid I do not want to use Facebook having already had enough problems being researched on the web. The publishers of CB are entitled to construct their own forum and I wish them no ill will. If I have read the OP right, their forum will not be on Facebook but their magazine website. But I hope that ybw have not given away the 'rights' to have a MAB section on their forums and that this forum will remain.
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast