Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Back to the classic forum thing eh
    I'm guessing this will get 2000 views before we actually get a comment from anyone that is supposed to be running things .
    Blame it on the boogie .

How about somebody putting up a poll.
    I looked at doing it but for some reason the whole lot disappeared when I tried to increase the number of items to vote on.

I suggest a poll with the following.
    1. Do you want the forum in it's present form with all it's past posts to stay where it is. Yes, no or don't care.
    2. Do you want the Classic Forum in it's entirety to move to a new home. Yes, no or don't care.
    3. Do you want all your user CP info to go somewhere else. Yes, no or don't care.
    4. Do you want your user CP info and past posts to be available on Face Book albeit it in the meantime. Yes, no or don't care.
    5. Are you happy for a new Classic forum to be created under the old name elsewhere. Yes, no or don't care.
    6. Would you look at, Join and post in the new forum if it complied with your above wishes. Yes No.

It may be appreciated by a lot of peeps if any one who knows how to do it, puts a poll up.
    and any other items you can think of.
    Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive.

I would say they've already made their comment - they told us what they're going to do

I can see why, having purchased the magazine they would want the forum that appears to go with it, however -

Personally, I feel they are making a mistake.

I suspect that many (most?) of the forum members here do not regularly buy, or even read, the magazines that these fora are connected to. In particular, I notice that many posters on "Classics" also post on the other sections - I don't suppose they subscribe to all the IPC titles.

I rather believe that most members like the broad range of related interests covered by the full set of YBW fora, and will not bother to switch to a new site just to discuss "Classic Boats" - I expect they will air their questions and comments elsewhere in these forums.

So, although the new publishers have bought the magazine, I don't see how that can include all the forum contributions to date, few of which (actually, virtually none) refer in any way to editorial features or other content in the magazine, and none by "staff" contributors.

Default To Quote

Michael Winner...

"Calm Down Dear..."

Firstly no ones details are being sold to Facebook....I suggest those not in "the know" about how it works try and gain a little understanding about Facebook before jumping to the wrong conclusions.

I will have some further facts for you later as I have only just been alerted to this post.

I dont know the facts right now but I do know we are VERY strict about data protection so much so it makes my job impossible as we are over protective.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardShead View Post
    I will have some further facts for you later as I have only just been alerted to this post.
    Cheers!

I think it's filtered through to people that the Facebook panicking is a red herring.

The two main questions you might be able to help with are:

1. Irrespective of what Chelsea Publishing might be up to, is IPC going to close this forum on ybw.com?

2. Has IPC agreed to provide a dump of the forum database (existing posts and/or user accounts) to Chelsea, and if so how do they square that with their rigorous data protection policies and with the terms and conditions under which users agreed to provide the content?

Thanks,

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBlue View Post
    . . . One of the main changes will be that the Classic Boat forum will no longer be part of YBW.com. Instead, it will sit happily as part of the ClassicBoat.co.uk website.

We will be moving all your conversations, threads and user names to the new site next week.
    Best Steffan Meyric Hughes, news editor
    Any update on that date?

Please comment on the privacy of info act etc in this regard.
    RELAX, Rum may not be the answer, but nor is water or juice. Now what is your Question?

Why doesn't YBW just start a new forum about classic/wooden boats around here
    named differently....?
    there are forums about all sorts around here
    its obvious there should be a classic forum as well here...

Quote Originally Posted by Niander View Post
    Why doesn't YBW just start a new forum about classic/wooden boats around here named differently....?
    They have done.

As has already been explained several times in this thread.

This forum was renamed months ago - it used to explicitly reference the magazine Classic Boat, now it's just the "Classics Forum".

Pete

Exclamation Intellectual property

copied from another thread :-
    "Maybe the announcement should have been worded better so as not to spark off the "paranoia"
    "We will be moving all your conversations, threads and user names to the new site next week."

My main issue is that we were not asked

Intellectual property (IP) is a term referring to a number of distinct types of creations of the mind for which a set of exclusive rights are recognized—and the corresponding fields of law. Under intellectual property law, owners are granted certain exclusive rights to a variety of intangible assets, such as musical, literary, and artistic works; discoveries and inventions; and words, phrases, symbols, and designs. Common types of intellectual property include copyrights, trademarks, patents, industrial design rights and trade secrets in some jurisdictions.
    Last edited by Madhatter; 12-04-11 at 11:00. Reason: clarification

Default Feedback regarding the change over....

Following the recent posts on the Classic Boat forum, I would like to clarify for people from our perspective what is happening with the migration of the Classic Boat forum from ybw.com to Chelsea Publishing.

IPC Media sold the magazine Classic Boat and the associated Classic Boat website and forum content to Chelsea Publishing late last year. Chelsea Publishing now own all Classic Boat trademarks, content and associated data including forum names and email addresses of people who have posted to the Classic Boat forum. As a condition of the sale, Chelsea are warranted to maintain all the data protection clauses and rights of the data they acquired from the sale to the same degree as that which applied to IPC when they were the owner.

The Classic Boat forum and historical content will hopefully move over to Chelsea at the end of this week. When this is completed, ybw.com will be launching a separate, new forum area dedicated to enthusiasts of classic craft which will be entirely independent to the existing Classic Boat Forum as owned by Chelsea Publishing and hosted on their site.

Rest assured you will retain your membership of all the ybw.com forums and your log-in details, password etc will remain unchanged.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast