Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

As far as i am aware i signed up to YBW and that included all the forums . Good luck with your move but i do hope YBW keep the classic forum with all of its posts in tact .

Hang on , have you just changed the forum name ?
    Last edited by Captain Coochie; 07-04-11 at 21:38.
    Blame it on the boogie .

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchilo View Post

Hang on , have you just changed the forum name ?
    Happened a bit ago.
    IPC can hardly be expected to host a forum from a competitor. It has to move. Even if it goes to a dedicated forum it will die. RIP
    Another person's thoughts about you are outside of your jurisdiction.

Face book is for 5 to 15 year olds and has no place in the real world.
    As said above leave Classics Forum where it is, it no longer has anything to do with the magazine.
    I can not think of the last time it was referred to or mentioned in a members post.
    The members that post mainly have classics in the region of 20ft to 30ft boats and the mag for some time now has mainly catered for the 60ft plus.
    So is any one posting on here really bothered about the forum still having an association with the magazine now.
    As a forum the Classics Forum now is a part of the Yachting and Boating World Forums not the mag.
    Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive.

N Yorkshire, Gods Country even when its raining

Quote Originally Posted by old_salt View Post
    Face book is for 5 to 15 year olds and has no place in the real world.
    As said above leave Classics Forum where it is, it no longer has anything to do with the magazine.
    I can not think of the last time it was referred to or mentioned in a members post.
    The members that post mainly have classics in the region of 20ft to 30ft boats and the mag for some time now has mainly catered for the 60ft plus.
    So is any one posting on here really bothered about the forum still having an association with the magazine now.
    As a forum the Classics Forum now is a part of the Yachting and Boating World Forums not the mag.
    Totally agree I am horrified that it will have a Facebook connection. I have no wish for my comments or forum input to be part of a wider audience.Keep the current format and if they wish to create a different forum let them get on with it elsewhere.
    I did not say it was your fault, I am just blaming you

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLancer View Post
    I have no wish for my comments or forum input to be part of a wider audience.
    These forums have so much google juice (Internetese for respected and reputable) that posting here actually puts you in front of a very wide audience indeed, even if it doesn't always feel like it

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Lakesailor View Post
    Happened a bit ago.
    IPC can hardly be expected to host a forum from a competitor. It has to move. Even if it goes to a dedicated forum it will die. RIP

Why does it have to move ? Just change the name back to classic boats and leave it here . There is an east coast forum but not an east coast mag .
    To be honest i think what they are suggesting is a bit underhand . I dont go and work for someone and then steal thier list of customers .
    Blame it on the boogie .

Default Just to clear a few things up

Good Morning!

As some of you may be aware, Classic Boat magazine, was acquired by The Chelsea Magazine Company late last year, and whilst the magazine that so many of you read will not change editorally, there are a few elements - particularly online - that are going to be re-worked.

The website itself is undergoing a redesign to make it more navigable and to improve the display of content and imagery.

Facebook itself is purely optional, I understand that many people have little or no interest in Facebook, from our point of view we see Facebook as a great way to keep subscribers up to date with new content, competitions and news.

In terms of the forum transfer, you will probably have to re-register but we are still working out the details and will post back asap.

Please, if you have any further questions regarding the new site/forum contact me on:

Tel: 020 7349 1926 - Direct Line
    Email: oliver@chelseamagazines.com

Many thanks

Oliver Morley-Norris
    Web Content Manager
    The Chelsea Magazine Company

Thumbs down classic boats

I shall be sorry to lose the input from other sailors of classic boats ( albeit, mine is a GRP version ), but this seems a rather cynical move ?
    Who is this "billyblue" - a new user with no profile - not a bad way to start on a site if you want to get noticed !!
    (yes - I saw the signature.)
    Ken

My own cosy little world where nice things happen and life is beautiful all the time

As most classic boat owners are not exactly the typical facebook type person, (computers at all is stretching it for some) I predict the classic forum will quietly die if put on facebook.

Shame really but the owners obviously don't understand their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow_boat View Post
    As most classic boat owners are not exactly the typical facebook type person, (computers at all is stretching it for some) I predict the classic forum will quietly die if put on facebook.

Shame really but the owners obviously don't understand their customers.
    +1

And, presumably the guy who came up with this absurdity has some training in marketing.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast