Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

But it will be the same data, accessed by the same forum software, just on a different (probably) server.

If you are that concerned about leakage of your personal details, then maybe the internet isn't for you

Quote Originally Posted by mikefleetwood View Post
    But it will be the same data, accessed by the same forum software, just on a different (probably) server.

If you are that concerned about leakage of your personal details, then maybe the internet isn't for you
    Maybe I am not explaining myself very well (a good chance of that ) .

* First and foremost it is the fact that IPC broke the agreement we signed up to.

* Second if they get away with doing this what is next ?

* Third I am not worried about my personal details being out there " YET " I have sufficient safeguards in place ( I hope !!).

* Fourth I have being trying to point out how easy it is to obtain details from the internet (and other sources) of so called secure sources even after contracts/promises have been agreed.

* Finally a bit of drift thread about how we are being spied on 24-7 especially on the internet using the excuse that " we are aiming to improve your internet experience " or " so that we can personalise your visit to our site ", not mentioning the nefarious activities of many organisations who have managed to access this information.

I don't think that it is paranoia when you have concerns based on facts and actual actions ?

That's two things Points 1&2 are to do with an supposed transgression by IPC

Points 3, 4 & Finally are general internet concerns which gives the impression you seem to be suggesting Chelsea Publishing are phishing.

Paranoia seems to be the theme of the whole thread.
    Another person's thoughts about you are outside of your jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakesailor View Post
    That's two things Points 1&2 are to do with an supposed transgression by IPC

Points 3, 4 & Finally are general internet concerns which gives the impression you seem to be suggesting Chelsea Publishing are phishing.

Paranoia seems to be the theme of the whole thread.
    I give up -surrender - getting bored now - am going to launch me boat and go sailing

Quote Originally Posted by Lakesailor View Post
    That's two things Points 1&2 are to do with an supposed transgression by IPC.
    I would say only point 1 - point 2 is just speculation with no grounds.

MH got the right idea in the end - go sailing, get on with life (it doesn't really matter!)

Looks like management have all gone sailing as they do not even have the decency to either post here or reply to emails.
    BTW , Chelsea also seem to suffer the same

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021