Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrCramp View Post
    I enjoy reading this forum even though I will never buy a "Classic Boat". I won't be registering anwhere else. Hope YBW keep this forum, or something with a different name that is identical in content. Perhaps we could have an "Old Boat Owners Forum"?? (with no age limit on anything!!
    What about the under 60's ??

Quote Originally Posted by MrCramp View Post
    Hope YBW keep this forum, or something with a different name that is identical in content. Perhaps we could have an "Old Boat Owners Forum"??
    No need - as has been pointed out several times, the renaming already happened months ago when Chelsea bought the magazine. It used to explicitly say "Classic Boat", now it's just the "Classics forum".

Pete

I would like to suggest, as politely as possible, that the new Owners of Classic Boat magazine should seriously re-think this (possibly daft) idea of theirs, re moving the whole Classic Forum (including all the history) over to their website.
    Gentlemen (and Ladies) of Classic Boat, no doubt you have heard about people 'killing' forum threads with a comment or opinion that nobody can find fault with (or be bothered to reply to)?

I think that if you move this Forum, you will probably 'kill' it in the same fashion, just on a much larger scale.
    Please take note of the number of posters who have mentioned above how they will not bother to go and log in to the new Forum if it is taken away from here.
    I have a feeling that if you do proceed with this plan, you will find most emphatically that they (myself included) are in a majority.

I am a member of a Tall Ships Forum - when I joined 9 years ago it was very busy, a hive of activity - it was probably 'busier' than the Classics Forum is today. It was like this for a few years, and then the Owner (a private individual who is a keen tall ship sailor) was forced by various circumstances beyond her control to take the Forum from the previous host (Delphi) to GoJabber.
    We lost a very significant number of members in this move, although in the following years some more joined (very slowly).
    Then GoJabber went bust (or something like that) a couple of years ago, and the Forum was moved to here - http://tallships.freeforums.org/ - and it is almost dead now.
    And I think the main reason for this was the 'upheaval' as a result of the two physical moves.

So, Classic Boat, if you have already paid IPC for lock, stock & barrel of this Forum - please re-consider, and give them back the loot - you can use that dosh for setting up your own Forum on the Classic Boat website.
    And if everybody plays nicely, and promotes each other occasionally, then both Forums should benefit.

Changing tack slightly now, Facebook has its advantages, but there is no compulsion to sign up with FB or even to become a 'friend' of (or 'like') CB's Facebook page.
    Facebook is what you as an individual wants to make of it - it can be as private or as open as you want it to be.
    A classic example of this is the FB page by Joliette of this Forum, detailing the re-build of his lovely Sonny Levi designed Settimo Velo power boat.

If you want to document something for posterity (like an excellent boat restoration) FB is an excellent medium for doing just this - anybody who wants to follow progress only needs to sign up as 'liking' the site, and then you have access to everything (or maybe some stuff might still be hidden, if desired?) that is posted re this progress.
    Last edited by Bajansailor; 09-04-11 at 04:21.

I think we are being ignored chaps . So time to bring out the big guns .

I would be interested to know how the sale of the members content on this forum went ? As far as i am aware anything posted ( including pictures ) can be used by whoever you had a contract with when you joined " The forums " but a new owner would have to have a new agreement to use such content .
    So .
    Has my IP been sold ?
    Have my pictures been sold ?
    Has my constant waffle been sold ?
    It would be nice to know what part of me you think you own
    Blame it on the boogie .

photodog is offline Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthorpe

When you sign up to the forum, you grant IPC a licence to use your posts...

This licence does not extend to IPC having a licence to sell your IP, mearly to use it in IPC publications or websites.

SO, Just so folks are clear, Chelsea Publishing does not have a licence to use your historical posts. The licence you have granted is with IPC.....

The IPC agreement does not extend to them reselling your IP........ They dont own the copyright on your posts.

Thats how I see it anyways....

Chelsea publishing needs to enter into a new agreeent with each poster before they can use your material.... even if IPC have not committed a breach by transfering your material, without a new licence then Chelsea publishing will be committing a breach.
    Last edited by photodog; 09-04-11 at 20:11.

Yeah baby !
    Crack open a fresh bottle of turps chaps , we aint going no where
    Blame it on the boogie .

Ah. Talking about legalities will get this thread pulled..........
    Another person's thoughts about you are outside of your jurisdiction.

Gone Sailing -on the move exploring SE Asia

Default See you in th enew site

see you over there......
    Temptress of Down
    Check out our Blog

Why don't we all migrate to Wooden Boat Forum?

Them thare Yanks love us Limeys!

Probably.

Rural Nth Yorks - 2 miles from bus stop, 8 miles from station.

"Oh dear God. Are people really this thick?"

Ed

Why do you find it necessary to reply in such an offensive way.

I know little of the lexicon of the "on line" world.

That does not mean I am thick

I expressed concern for specific reasons (which I cannot go into here) and are none of your business anyway.

A simple Yes or No would have been quite adaquate.
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast