Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Which of your posts on Classic Boat have an intrinsic monetary value?
    Another person's thoughts about you are outside of your jurisdiction.

The ones that have been SOLD to another publisher by IPC .

The point is that the content of the forum is not owned by IPC only on loan under thier own contract . To sell the content is against the law as they do not own it .
    It may be a minor thing to most people but it is a source of material for a publisher and getting the source for free is a massive saving in costs . For example they may not need to call Doug to get a photo of a classic boat as there is quite a good one on the forum that we can use .
    I can get free timber from my local yard if i wait for them to close and i jump over the wall but that is called theft .
    Last edited by Captain Coochie; 17-04-11 at 17:09.
    Blame it on the boogie .

Ah! You have explained your confusion to me now.
    The fact that they have sold the forums and the posts therein does not constitute selling the copyright or reproduction rights over and above the licence you gave to publish the words and pictures (if any) as part of the threads.

When you posted your contributions it was implicit in that action that the forum visitor interest engendered in such a move was of value to IPC in that it created and maintained a level of traffic that was attractive to advertisers.

I can't see that that situation has changed, other than the advertisers will be paying their fees to a different company.
    Another person's thoughts about you are outside of your jurisdiction.

Just get used to the fact that anything you ever post on the internet or say in an email is public property, and than get on with life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234