Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TMBA

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_d View Post
    John, I don't know why you do what you do but you are killing this forum.
    +1

I have to admit John, you do seem to be jumping on just about anyone who posts as a new user lately. This worries me, as you're starting to make the core of this forum look like a group of people intolerant of other peoples points of view. I'm sure these attacks are also doing nothing for TMBA's image.

I know you always distance yourself by saying your views do not represent anyone other than yourself, but the fact that you always attack people who question the TMBA is starting to make you look like nothing more than an attack-dog. I'm sure many members whose posts I used to enjoy reading have stopped posting due to this.

Personally, I couldn't care less whether a new member is a supporter of TMBA, ATYC, both or niether, it'd be nice to have a few more people on this forum who can structure an arguement without reverting to Ad hominem...
    Alex

Then if that is indeed the case, I'm happy to offer my full and sincere apologies to all concerned, if that is satisfactory.
    Fifty Shades of Bray: Don't laugh, your Wife is probably on board...

Quote Originally Posted by No Regrets View Post
    Then if that is indeed the case, I'm happy to offer my full and sincere apologies to all concerned, if that is satisfactory.
    WOW

boatone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rebellion View Post
    Personally, I couldn't care less whether a new member is a supporter of TMBA, ATYC, both or niether, it'd be nice to have a few more people on this forum who can structure an arguement without reverting to Ad hominem...
    I regret to admit that I had to look up the exact meaning of "ad hominem", but thank you, rebellion, for so competently articulating a response that most of us 'oldies' would have been proud to construct.

I must admit that these occasional - but all too frequent - eruptions concern me greatly and you are right to point out that they do little to help the TMBA's image. Unfortunately, my own presence here on the forum and my known involvement with the TMBA leads many to believe that they are one and the same, even though I go to considerable lengths to separate the two in my personal postings.

I would prefer not to have to distance myself from the forum - as many of you know it was I that requested YBW to set it up initially and I enjoy being here - but if I have to do so in the best interests of the TMBA, I will, albeit reluctantly, do so.

John - thank you for your apology. I hope it will be accepted by all in the way I know it is intended.
    Thames MotorBoater? Care about the river? Join the www.tmba.org.uk/about-tmba

Ok there has been an apology (thank you) so lets leave it there and move on. Cheers.

I think our friend John shows autistic/asberges tenancies, eg. doesn't acknowledge or appreciate that his tone and wording is negative or often abusive.

Personally I find the forum very dull when John is not around and look forward to his outbursts...

Brightens up my day to know there are folks out there that really dont give a ****.

(am I the only one that thinks "Concerned" is a lockie...)

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow Bull View Post
    I think our friend John shows autistic/asberges tenancies, eg. doesn't acknowledge or appreciate that his tone and wording is negative or often abusive.
    As someone with a very close relative with apsergers you are irritating me now - looks like your handle was well named!

Off you go chaps ruin this thread again ! I give up and have work to do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast