Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by steve_clayton View Post
    Canopy base screw ; maybe not quite up to standard and it has left this stain on the surrounding gelcoat.

Bit of a party onboard last night (big q waiting to get into Chi) and H pipes up "I got something to sort that" so I grabbed the bottle off him this morning; and this is the result:

and it brings stainless up, with so little effort; it's brill.

So what is the product????
    Oxalic, and try some of it on that degrading teak while you are at it, it will come up looking new.
    C_W
    Holiday Flat to let in Millport , pm for details.

Just a word of warning - I used to use it lots as well but it strips any polish away as well as the corrosion products. So if you use it to clean the chrome its worth using metal polish afterwards otherwise the rot comes back very quickly.

Little Five is offline Registered User

Try "peek" Works on all metals, fibreglass and ceramics. Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde_Wanderer View Post
    Oxalic, and try some of it on that degrading teak while you are at it, it will come up looking new.
    C_W
    No sweat with the teak:LOL: progress so far; anyone want your teak cleaning and I'm your man!!! (and this isn't Y-10)

Last edited by Steve Clayton; 27-06-11 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_clayton View Post
    My problem now is where H "lent" it to me to try half full and he gets back an empty container!!!!
    Neat trick for turning a half-empty tub into a full one, must remember that.

Boo2

Here in Spain we have Ferronet, does rust on stainless or GRP a treat and can brighten teak. It also gets cal off the windows and the skin off your hands! Also useful for de-cal-ing the tap fittings at home.