Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Another vote for the blue tape. A chandlers is likely to be at the top end of the cost range. Think I got the last stuff at a builder's merchant's.

Even the blue tape isn't perfect. If you're expecting rain overnight it is useful to take it off and replace it with new when it is dry again. Otherwise as said above you can get away with a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    the blue will come off after a week even last years old part used will do the same
    Why would you leave it a week?
    Buy from Adsa it's so cheap, it takes less than 10 mins to put on so as soon as you're done peel it off. If it needs another coat apply som new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
    Why would you leave it a week?
    Buy from Adsa it's so cheap, it takes less than 10 mins to put on so as soon as you're done peel it off. If it needs another coat apply som new stuff.
    how far round is your boat, i have to go around 3 times wl + boot top
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Yes. Blue 3M masking tape. Comes off clean even after weeks

And if you have tape problems again forget acetone and cough up for a tin of 3M Adhesive Remover,expensive but the tin will last for years.
    It pays for itself the first time you have to use it by the time & effort it saves you.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Thanks for all of that advice - a roll of Blue 3M Masking tape is already in my bag ready for the next trip out to Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by xtiffer View Post
    And if you have tape problems again forget acetone and cough up for a tin of 3M Adhesive Remover,expensive but the tin will last for years.
    It pays for itself the first time you have to use it by the time & effort it saves you.
    Cheers,
    Chris
    Considering this is for the waterline I would expect the stickyness to come off in a day or so sailing anyway so I can't imagine it's worth that expense.
    Vivacity 20, South Coast
    yachtlivemagic

We had to buy some the only tape they had in a chandlery, happened to be some cheap stuff from a chandlery....We ran out, or left it at home the tape we had, it said remove after two hours. Completely useless for boating use show me a paint that drys in 2 hours from when you start the masking. After an hour and a half when we removed the bits we could, it was leaving the glue behind so we made the decision to get it all off while we could!

A real nightmare! We took the unused rolls back to the chandlery and got a full refund on all the rolls we bought, and they removed the remained rolls from the shop floor, but then we spent ages getting the adhesive off.
    Boaty Photographer http://grahamsnook.com
    Journalist and YM's new boat tester

Quote Originally Posted by lustyd View Post
    Considering this is for the waterline I would expect the stickyness to come off in a day or so sailing anyway so I can't imagine it's worth that expense.
    I'm sorted now anyway Lusty with the blue stuff - so the acetone will remain unopened.........

Quote Originally Posted by nigelm View Post
    Ditto that .
    Double ditto. Apply antifoul working round the boat....have a wee chat and then go round removing tape.

The plastic tape is available in B and Q at 3M prices
    Eastern Scotland and beyond.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast