We've got a mooring in Hyère harbour
have now found two sources for that winch which is in the warehouse in Lyon,
payed a deposit here at a local chandler,
price is good !
yes it works to meet people in person look them in the eyes and have a chat with them.
hopefully the delivery is on thursday at the latest as promised
now a few day's relaxing
kids go home tomorrow,
new guests, friends coming on wednesday,
no planning / timing / weather / get a mooring / get a new whinch - stress - for a while
Results 31 to 40 of 101
25-07-11, 17:31 #31
25-07-11, 23:56 #32
You won't be able to relax properly until the lines are on in her new home berth, but in the mean time a bit of anxiety keeps things interesting.
26-07-11, 15:05 #33
but that's another story causing stress,
in april I called 2 potential options,
both of them had space available
1. a private harbour close to Marseille
for us the perfect location, very close to the airport(20min),
close to our preferred cruising / diving area,
20nm to Cassis,
close by car, (1000km)
but high price (2400+ euro/month)
2. Port Napoleon (Rhone valley)
many maintenance facility's,
low price (1200+ euro/month)
but not so nice, and at further distance,
40nm from cassis
2hours drive from airport
as we couldn't decide, and don't know yet if we will bring BA back to Rome in wintertime, we did not make any reservation.
two weeks ago, one week before departure, wanted to reserve option 1, but no space available, or no way to make a reservation.
Then option 2,
no mooring space in the water But,
They have lots of space on the dry, and put your boat in the water each time when you come,
We decided that’s ok for 6 months, good for drying the hull, do some cleaning or repair work, …etc.
But jus before finalizing the contract, I called the harbour for some last details, and got the info that the maximum weight of their crane is 65 TON,
BA is approx 70T
So we had to start from scratch, almost middle in the high season
After a few desparate phone calls with the “Dutch” manager of port Napoleon, he confirmed a space until half September,
so I am still looking for a mooring space in winter time.
Plan is to talk in person to some harbours now during this trip,
Just 1hour ago, I spoke with the general manager here in Hyeres, and it seems that he might have one space available,
Belgium chocolats are opening doors for me, but I ran out of stock today
Hyeres harbour is OK, airport VERY close, but no regular flights to B in wintertime I believe.
position is interesting, just in the middle between Region Varoise and Coted'azur
So the next two weeks will visit a few other harbours region Varoise …tbc
Shouldn’t a boating holiday be relaxing ?
26-07-11, 16:32 #34
Bart, the Belgian chocolates are fantastic, thank you. I can see why they open doors
That sounds all a bit stressful. I hope you can get it fixed soon. Have you tried St Laurent du Var marina,. right next to Nice Airport?
I wonder if BA is really 70t, if empty of fuel? I know it is built solidly, but it is 70 feet and the engines are not big/heavy. It would be interesting to know properly the weight. I have a little suspicion it is only 60-65t (with no fuel/water) but of course I am just guessing. I know for sure my boat is 54tonnes (no fuel/water), and the engines in her are 2.9tonnes each, heavier than yours
26-07-11, 17:15 #35
Bart, if you have a berth until mid September then you're almost home and dry. You'll have no problem finding a winter berth from October onwards. Some of the public ports in Cd'A even offer half price monthly berthing in the winter (Golfe Juan for example), usually from around the middle of October.
26-07-11, 17:27 #36
26-07-11, 18:59 #37
26-07-11, 19:18 #38
A sistership to Blu Angel, Neffertari once booked a hoist lift up in a yard in Malta to check, clean props before going back home but they could not do it because the boat was above 75t loaded with tender and 3/4 tanks, crane limit was 75t.
So the yard manager decided to cancel it. I think Neffertari had GM 1080hp which weigh may be a bit more to MANS.
At the time in Malta the other yard only offered slip way launch and was a bit too complicated for check clean props and shafts etc
26-07-11, 19:34 #39
26-07-11, 19:39 #40
Bart .. I'm with Nick. Loads of 25m berths come available for a few months in the winter ... I'd have said starting October but splitting hairs. Easy for me to say as mine isn't big enough for Blue Angel .. St Laurent already suggested, probably the cheapest .. Antibes, Beaulieu, Cannes, La Rague all have big enough hoists as well ( I think). At the latter Arie de Boom may well be able to take you on the hard ... (I 'd have to check with them).
I'm amazed La Ciotat hasnt got room ..