Default Falmouth Marina - shut for visitors

Hi,

Quick update. Falmouth Premier Marina is closed for visitors for July / Aug / Sept due to pontoon works.

Diesel and water still available on the fuel pontoon.

galadriel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon2 View Post
    Hi,

Quick update. Falmouth Premier Marina is closed for visitors for July / Aug / Sept due to pontoon works.

Diesel and water still available on the fuel pontoon.
    Excellent timing!!!!!
    "You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
    And then one day you find ten years have got behind you"
    Roger Waters 1972

they were doing some serious dredging there last month when we were there.. literally metres form the stern of our boat. the day we left the pontoon we were on was going to be removed and boats put in the visitors moorings. if i had been paying i certainlly would not of wanted to stay, but as it was a freebeee it was okay.

Hi,

As I work for Premier Marinas I thought it was important to clarify our reasons for dredging the marina at this time and to help to explain what the dredging will achieve.

Achieving the appropriate consents to dredge in Falmouth Harbour from Government Agencies was a long and complicated process and when permission to dredge was granted, the consents were limited to a period of time in which the work could be carried out. In consideration of the time constraints imposed by the consents, Premier Marinas decided to begin work as soon as possible in order to complete the dredging on time. The first grab of dredge from the outer basin at Falmouth was taken away in May and work is continuing to schedule.

Once dredged to 2.2 metres below chart datum, the marina will be extended on the west side to accommodate 27 new berths at an average length of 12m. Dredging of part of the outer basin will also allow improved access to existing marina berths at all states of the tide. Completion of the dredging project is scheduled for the end of September 2011, after which Premier hopes not only to provide its berth holders with improved berthing options but of course to offer more access to visiting yachtsmen.

To keep in touch with the dredging taking place at Falmouth visit www.premiermarinas.com/pages/marina_news
    Last edited by catherineb; 28-07-11 at 17:21.

Thanks Catherine for the detailed update - perhaps you could post back on here to let everyone know about progress?