Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

That was a nice thought, Stu.

QUOTE (LADY B) ...why have there been 275 posts, most of them baying for blood?

What does the 'B' stand for, Lady B? I've been racking my brain for the word.

I even Googled a wilful disinclination to acknowledge the obvious...

But no good. Parsifal, I like your recent style and your vocabulary, pray help me out here...

Quote Originally Posted by joha View Post
    I have it that the crew member who jumped off was in fact an admiral, and the driver from the engineering branch.

j
    Could it have been the other way round? Engineers do tend to be more resourceful !

maxi77 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Could it have been the other way round? Engineers do tend to be more resourceful !
    Could have been an Engineer Admiral they have them you know
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by LADY B View Post
    Quite. So why have there been 275 posts, most of them baying for blood?
    Undoubtedly we shall be better informed when MAIB eventually publish their findings. (MCA Press Notice 215-11 dd 6th August 2011)

I'd love to know what the MAIB's work in this case will have cost the taxpayer.

It reminds me that, apparently, every road death in the UK costs around one million, sterling, in clean-up and road-closures and investigations. And most are the result of some damned fool speeding or chancing his/her luck overtaking.

Shall we start laying bets, on the likelihood of the yacht's skipper being shown to have pushed his luck, foolishly?

VicS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Undoubtedly we shall be better informed when MAIB eventually publish their findings. (MCA Press Notice 215-11 dd 6th August 2011)
    The MCA may sate that the MAIB have been informed but there is not yet any indication that they are actually investigating it!

http://www.maib.gov.uk/latest_news/c...stigations.cfm

As I understand it, it is the custom to blame schools, wider society, a deprived background and (very big just now) greedy bankers.

Self will is unfashionable, we are not allowed to be reckless, stupid or egotistical. However those three things get my vote. I just have to figure out if it was the Master of the ship or the Skipper of the yacht?

Jeepers...there's nothing like a thread coming back from the grave!

My view hasn't changed at all in ten months since...might had right. No room for doubt, the yacht's skipper took an unreasonable risk.

Umm...was there a MAIB report?

Question Baffling!

Quote Originally Posted by doug748 View Post
    As I understand it, it is the custom to blame schools, wider society, a deprived background and (very big just now) greedy bankers.

Self will is unfashionable, we are not allowed to be reckless, stupid or egotistical. However those three things get my vote. I just have to figure out if it was the Master of the ship or the Skipper of the yacht?
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaoneitie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dancrane View Post
    Jeepers...there's nothing like a thread coming back from the grave!

My view hasn't changed at all in ten months since...might had right. No room for doubt, the yacht's skipper took an unreasonable risk.

Umm...was there a MAIB report?
    Agreed its a incredible thread resurrection but with nothing to add! Why would xiaoneitie as a new user choose to resurrect a thread with a carbon copy of the first reply to the OP!?

Quote Originally Posted by FistralG View Post
    Agreed its a incredible thread resurrection but with nothing to add! Why would xiaoneitie as a new user choose to resurrect a thread with a carbon copy of the first reply to the OP!?
    Well spotted, Fistral. Is it possible that 'Xiaoneitie' is new to all online fora, and is trying out the system?

Actually I'm genuinely curious whether any official comment on the racing yacht/oil tanker collision, was eventually made?

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast