Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Just got to nip to the boat dear,wont be long.

Thanks jimg for your explanation.Will of course print that out.
    Now have a perfect excuse to nip down to the boat for an quiet hour or two to "fix some navigation equipment" vital to safety of the boat and all who sail in her.
    Providing of course remember to remember to take print out with me .

Wiggo is offline Registered User

Thanks jimg, I'll give that a go later.
    The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, and is not preceded by a period of worry and doubt.
    <span style="color:blue">
    http://www.nereid-charter.com
    </span>

Hope that yours is the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jimg View Post
    Hope that yours is the same issue.

Yippee all sorted down to 1/64. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Yippee all sorted down to 1/64. Cheers.
    Your Welcome..

Wiggo is offline Registered User

All sorted here, too. Though I can only go down to 1/8Nm, but that's all I need.
    The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, and is not preceded by a period of worry and doubt.
    <span style="color:blue">
    http://www.nereid-charter.com
    </span>

Default Plotter mode issue again

Jimg's analysis is extremely interesting and may be our problem. Boat in Italy now so can't check till next year but I suspect we would have set it to plotter mode ON, since the thing is a plotter ...
    We'd be very grateful if someone could confirm that ours looks like the same problem.
    Patches of chart appear in grey, hatched, track and boat visible "no chart data" mode.
    This isn't a response to zooming in, it's just that certain whole areas seem to be missing, and the best you can get is by zooming right out to a fairly useless scale. We had this happen a lot when we got to Italy. Alassio harbour for example.
    So you are following a route and you sail into a blank area, and have to zoom right out. We anchor a lot and often this happened in areas where we were anchoring and the detail would have been particularly useful. It's certainly not just in open ocean areas, far from it.
    I was about to fire off a complaint to Jeppesen, but checked the forum first.
    Is this exactly the same issue?
    We're new to chart plotters and this "feature" means we have very limited enthusiasm for it at the moment. But maybe turning plotter mode off will solve the problem ?? Fingers crossed, and thanks for any response.

My machine has on couple of instances gone into that hatched gray sulk mode again
    Not sure if its something am doing when powering down or what.
    Anywho going into the menu and switching the command off and then on agin or vice versa seems to fixit.

I'm not sure if the issus you decribe are the same as mine but this is what i have found several times............

i have two card slots.

one of my cards in a general big scale channel area that isnt very detailed but has chartlets of popular areas.

while in a populr chartlet area I can zoom in to 1/8 mile.
    as soon as I run off the chartlet the plotter shows a grey area.
    All I need to do is zoom out and the big scale chart detail is shown again.

in my other slot I have the detailed local area I am in which allowes me to zoom in to 1/64.

Sometimes the plotter seems to be using the big scale chart when i want it to use the local chart, all i need to do is zoom a long way out and zoom back in and the plotter wirks out the best chart to use , but once it has choosen it seems too lazy to select a better one as i move on.

all the charts have sparse detail on the fringes so all you have to do is either zoom out a long way and then zoom back in or take the inapropriate chart out so the plotter cant use the wrong one.

Yup....found that as well .....and ...bit technical this..........removing card and plugging it back in seems to sort problem.