Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

"not been back for past two seasons"
    It's changed a lot and gone up market, or was that 3 seasons ago?
    Great for lunch on a sunny day, fish n chips n Guiness very reasonable and good quality.
    I like it for lunch anyway, if I can get a table!

KevO is online now Registered User

Has it changed hands? Hey! That'll be good! Maybe I'll give it another try this season. Anyone else been there lately?
    667... the neighbour of the beast.

On second thoughts.....since its now really hard to get an outside table at lunchtime...I wouldn't recommend it at all, in fact it's rubbish you'd hate it

Probably...

Actually, it was always difficult getting a table in summer, that was not the prob, the issue was being a year round customer (often by road rather than by sea) and STILL getting $hit service and value for money.
    Last edited by KevO; 12-04-12 at 23:35.

It's waitress service now, very efficient.
    Lots of hooray Henry's in the holiday homes though go there. It's promoted as an oyster bar. I sail over from the Fal regularly and have never had a bad meal.

Quote Originally Posted by dylan View Post
    It's waitress service now, very efficient.
    Lots of hooray Henry's in the holiday homes though go there. It's promoted as an oyster bar. I sail over from the Fal regularly and have never had a bad meal.
    Will I be ok if I drag my 'Blue One' out of the locker and fly that instead then? Or will they all clam up when we walk in?

p.s. WTF is an 'Oyster Bar' BTW? A bar that happens to have oysters on the 'me an u' or summat special?
    Last edited by KevO; 13-04-12 at 00:21.

Tidewaiter2 is online now Registered User
    Location : Now will we actually get out of the Solent in 2014 the way this season is going.

Quote Originally Posted by KevO View Post
    Will I be ok if I drag my 'Blue One' out of the locker and fly that instead then? Or will they all clam up when we walk in?

p.s. WTF is an 'Oyster Bar' BTW? A bar that happens to have oysters on the 'me an u' or summat special?
    In the UK, in my limited experience here, calling some place an 'Oyster Bar' usually means 6x grade fours the French wouldn't touch, at 6 times the price, 'champagne' ditto.

Now in St Vaast or Paimpol, they don't call them anything but restaurants, and there is always the oyster coop shop or the market, for a brilliant lunch at a table outside, or on board, according to the state of the purse!

Do you think our red defaced flown stiffly like a samuari pennon from the boat or tender stern would help cause clam imitations too?
    As in;
    ' Oh Darharling, look at all those gwubby, damp sailors getting out of that little wubber thing, Oh No, they're being sat next to our table- how fwightful, dont look at them, Gervaise, or Mummy will smack you. Weally, their kind shouldn't be allowed in hear at all'.

BTW thats usually usually our reception in Weatherspoons, Gosport, on a winter Fri/Sat night from the tatooed ones!

Hoping to get to Plymouth at end of May, then on to Scillies, and cruise back, if all well. May see you w&tp, if you don't keep a sharp weather eye open.
    Last edited by Tidewaiter2; 13-04-12 at 11:14. Reason: reduced the grade of OB huitres!
    "Journos Luxury Yacht"=a hole in the water for time, money,affection,blood,sweat n tears

Quote Originally Posted by Bukumatula View Post
    Just to let everyone know, the Shipwright Arms on the Helford has changed hands in the last week (April 2012) having gone into receivership before Christmas. I understand that it has been bought by a consortium of the villagers and is now being run by the lady behind Vickys Bread for the duration of the summer, so if nothing else you will get a very friendly smile and the bread will be amazing! Apparently it will be closed at the end of this summer to undergo a major refurbishment. Their aim is to keep everything simple this year, but do everything really well and at reasonable prices...
    super, will be giving it a go in the summer, was put off that place a couple of years ago. Usually go to HRSC or Five Pilchards by boat. Five Pichards is great and easily accessible from where we stay in Gillan. Usually get decent pints in the New Inn too.

wot is offline Registered User

Aaahhh the Five Pichards, that brings back memories. When I were a lad I worked at the Radar Station at the top of the cliffs. My Chief was called

wait for it

GHOST!

Quote Originally Posted by theoldplucker View Post
    Please do not assume that businesses in Cornwall are owned by the Cornish. Very few are, so some the the 'attitude' received may well be from English nationallity. .
    What a silly comment - as if people from Cornwall were not English.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast