Living on board - 8 years in Med, now in Caribbean

Default Excellent Service in Southern Spain

I just want to let you know that I have had excellent service from Costa Blanca Yacht Services in Torrevieja.

I had several problems which were resolved with tremendous commitment to getting things done as quickly as possible and their attitude was to make the customer happy. They went out of their way when chasing down suppliers at a time when most of Spain (and elsewhere in Europe) is on holiday and were excellent with advice and repair work.

The owners, who may be known to some of you, are Dennis and Cheryl Clayton. Contact details:-

info@costablancayachtservices.com

Tel: +34 663 324519

No connection other than as a satisfied customer
    Something said in confidence is merely something said to one person at a time

They helped me out several times about ten years ago. Good hands.

Default Torrevieja

my experances of Torrevieja isnt that good , port police seen to want to kick you out of the anchorage as soon as you get there no matter what the weather is , the marina cut chains on tenders if there are left anywhere near the marina even when they are well out of the way . it a shame really as it a nice anchorages to spend a few days .

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    my experances of Torrevieja isnt that good , port police seen to want to kick you out of the anchorage as soon as you get there no matter what the weather is , the marina cut chains on tenders if there are left anywhere near the marina even when they are well out of the way . it a shame really as it a nice anchorages to spend a few days .
    Agree, the place is a quasi-soviet ****hole. However, the aforementioned chandlery was an oasis of good experience in a desert of bad experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    Hi,

Torrevieja isn't my favourite place either.

However, the point about my opening post was to let people know about the great service and attitude I experienced form a company there. We went back from Cartagena (which we like) to Torrevieja (which we don't) to get some work done and don't regret it.

In that situation you would be in the marina anyway whilst work was done so the frustration with the anchorage (or non-anchorage as seems often to be the case) is N/A.

Sadly the well stocked chandelry referred to by another poster (when it used to be Oliver Marine) is no more.

Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob234 View Post
    Sadly the well stocked chandelry referred to by another poster (when it used to be Oliver Marine) is no more.
    I am confused. I remember Dennis and Cheryl running Oliver Marine (and the chandlery)?

Quote Originally Posted by chinita View Post
    I am confused. I remember Dennis and Cheryl running Oliver Marine (and the chandlery)?
    Hi,

They did run Oliver Marine and Chandelry. There has been a break up with a partner and their business is now Costa Blanca Yacht Services. I don't know whether Oliver Marine technically exists but it doesn't trade now.

Sadly, as a consequence, the chandelry was a casualty.

Cheers,

Bob