Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Considering buying my first flybridge.....

I would appreciate the opinion of the panel......

My previous boats have all been day boats or sportscruisers but now I've decided to purchase my first flybridge. As its my first FB boat I've decided to look at something around the 11-12 metre mark.

Two boats that have caught my eye are the Beneteau Antares 36 and the Sealine F37. Both on shafts (preferred to outdrives) and both running D4 260's.

I would appreciate yours views and comparisons on the two boats I'm considering and also any other suggestions that you feel I should be looking at. Ideally they would be less than 12 metres LOA with a price tag of less that 180k.

Thanks in advance.......

Personally Id buy a princess 40 late one or a fairline phantom 40, the build quality of both boats are better, you will get a very nice boat for 180k in this climate.

D4 260s wont give electric performance in shaft drive version, if your going 11 to 12 m you need 600hp plus combined hp, they did build some prestige 36s with d6 350s if your going down the french route.

If you want your investment to hold up buy british from the main 2 builders.

z1ppy is offline Registered User

Think Spottydog has an F43 for sale at the moment. little larger than you had planned but very good spec and condition. maybe worth a pm?

SpottyDog is here :
    http://www.ancasta.com/boat_details/...rQiefkGkevuD2u

Ex-boat show display model, very nice......
    New website - www.rapidmarine.co.uk

Jurgen is offline Registered User

Defo Bow & Stern Thrusters, FB are big sails, mine is only 30ft but boy when the wind blows lol.

Wiggo is offline Registered User

We looked at the Antares some years ago and found it to be a nice boat but a little rough around the edges compared to the F37. Can't comment on the handling of the Antares, but we love our F37. A very easy boat to drive, great accommodation and stowage for the money.

As VP says, power is always an issue. We have 2 x 230 hp on tap, and she will make around 29 knots on a good day, down hill with a following wind, no crew, no fuel, no water and no stores. In cruising trim, she'll just about make 25 knots on fresh antifoul, but we cruise around 20-22 knots. Having said that, we're packing a lot of gear - the tender, crane, extra batteries, water tanks etc probably add around 600kg to a boat that is 8 tonnes dry, and that's before you add the rest of the rubbish that accumulates.

Princess 40 and Phantom 40 are lovely boats, but you will pay for the name (and the extra length). You won't regret going to a flybridge, either, IMO. Upstairs gives you the wind in the hair bit, but without the intrusive engine noise, downstairs gives you a big, light, airy saloon for when you get where you're going, and you still have the cockpit.
    The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, and is not preceded by a period of worry and doubt.
    <span style="color:blue">
    http://www.nereid-charter.com
    </span>

OAF is offline Registered User

As VP said look at the English builders, I looked at all sorts when looking formmy first FB I chose princess 35 on shafts with 200hp it wasn't fast but excellent at sea keeping, changed it for a princess 420 with 425 hp and a bow thruster, it's a bit thirsty but handles superbly and is very Manoevurable, she will make 30 with a clean bum and half empty tanks etc, full loaded and with a slightly grubby bum she still makes 25, just finished a weeks cruise and she made on average 18 knotts and returned about 3/4 mpg! Hope that helps

oGaryo is offline Registered User

another vote to recommend having a look at Spotty D's Boat having seen her
    Beauty's in the eye of the beer holder

How about a mid 90s princess 410 in turn key condition just fill the tanks and head off!! Then again I'm biased as it's mine, on at 99950 ono

Quote Originally Posted by volvopaul View Post
    How about a mid 90s princess 410 in turn key condition just fill the tanks and head off!! Then again I'm biased as it's mine, on at 99950 ono
    Seems good value for money, you deserve a good buyer
    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast