Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    Change again,

we are now 5 - myself, RickP, JHR, Chas25 and Mrs Chas25
    JHR - I pity you........!!

Only kidding - Mrs Chas25 is very nice!

Every Forumite I have ever met (including Rick and Jez) has been clutching a glass full of alcohol at the time. I do hope Mr and Mrs Chas25 aren't going to spoil this honourable tradition....

Itis apis spotanda bigon etoo

Quote Originally Posted by jhr View Post

Every Forumite I have ever met (including Rick and Jez) has been clutching a glass full of alcohol at the time. I do hope Mr and Mrs Chas25 aren't going to spoil this honourable tradition....

No danger!!

As there now appears to be no time limit to edit a post I am using my original post of Runners and Starters to keep a total list of those interested and numbers.

Please advise if you have any other formites on board so that I can list them as I believe many are encouraged to attend the Cherbourg Cruise as it enables them to put a face to a particular formite.

Please advise on numbers and any veggies. I will start the spreadsheet in September and distribute it only to personal e mail addresses. Content is usually Name, boat name, numbers, other formites on board, mobile numbers, personal e mail address, departure port, estimated date/time of departure & destination (a number go to St Vaast for Friday night)

To start this I have the details from previous years so if you have changed anything please PM me. If you do not want me to share any info I might already have again please e mail me. I try to ensure that the spreadsheet is as helpful to others as possible (many like to arrange to sail in company) but I only want to include the info that you are happy to share.

We have been so lucky with the weather in recent years for the Saturday afternoon boat/pontoon gathering but am open to suggested drinking venues where people can circulate and chat to others if it is raining. At present I can only think of the YC. Any suggestions for probably 40 people? I consider the Saturday gathering important as at the evening meal many sit with their crew (any suggestions for mixing this up?) and I want to make it all inclusive and avoid small groups gathering on individual boats that could give the appearance of excluding others.

Please also keep an eye on the other threads with crew seeking berths and fit in the extra person if possible.
    Last edited by Sailfree; 31-08-11 at 13:41.

Whitelighter is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jhr View Post

Well,

In the case or Mr & Mrs Chas25 it is much more likely to be two glasses (each) but the principle remains intact I suppose...
    Half a dinari for an old ex-boater

colhel is offline Registered User

By adding my name here am I commiting myself to anything?

Part of me is saying "go for it, you know you can". The other part isn't so sure

Colin

galadriel is offline Registered User

Go on! Its all down hill from the south coast and France is a big country, you cant miss it!
    "You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
    And then one day you find ten years have got behind you"
    Roger Waters 1972

colhel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by galadriel View Post
    Go on! Its all down hill from the south coast and France is a big country, you cant miss it!
    I don't think you realise how stupid I am.

Quote Originally Posted by galadriel View Post
    Yes but size isn't everything is it

mjcp
    Want a Discount? PM me