After rather a busy time at work.. thinking of adding Jubilant to the list of boats.. Did you ever hear from any others who are planning on going to St Vaast on the Friday? It sounds like a good option to me then on to Cherbourg on the Saturday morning... Catch up with you in the week..
Results 31 to 40 of 44
Thread: Passage plans
18-09-11, 23:24 #31
18-09-11, 23:34 #32
Probably StV on Friday eve, weather permitting.
Leaving Gosport 0700ish or earlier if weather light.
Last edited by Twister_Ken; 19-09-11 at 11:44.Next time, it'll all be different.
18-09-11, 23:40 #33
Thanks! We'll catch up during the week then...
19-09-11, 09:46 #34
Passage Plans from Hamble - provisional
Plan A (all times BST, will motor if need be to maintain 5kts)
Thur eve: Towards Keyhaven/Yarmouth
Fri am: Towards Cherbourg (dept on first of ebb at 0700BST, 65NM, 5kts, 13hrs, ETA 2000BST)
Sun am: Towards Hamble (HW Portsmouth 2230, Needles floods till 2100 80NM total, 5kts, 16hrs: dept 0500, ETA Hamble 2100. If delayed and can't carry last of flood up Western Solent, will return via Bembridge Ledge.)
Plan B (if wrong weather)
Weymouth or even just Poole.
Plan C (if pear really is the shape)
The Royal Oak public house.
19-09-11, 10:30 #35Registered User
Location : Southampton
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
19-09-11, 19:30 #36
19-09-11, 19:32 #37
19-09-11, 20:47 #38Registered User
Location : Near a marina, sailing club and pub
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
20-09-11, 12:01 #39
20-09-11, 12:31 #40"You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you"
Roger Waters 1972