Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flat seas... people not so flat

Just got back from a 7 day cruise east out of Malaga to Valncia Italy west coats and Corsica (lovely island by the way)

Now left Malaga in completely flat seas, had a slight F6 easterly , slight for a 1000 plus feet liner, on way to Valencia, arrived next morning at same..... flat seas.

For the next 6 days / nights cruising no sea state at all, must have been a high over the entire med. Even so did'nt expect that. The skipper probably did'nt even have to use his stabilisers, and must have saved on fuel.

As for the passengers, I have to say obesity is alive a well even in the recession. Despite reductions in wealth, cut backs etc seems folks still like to over indulge, the percentage of overweights was far greater than I imagined.

That said the ship does not exactly discourage over indulgence, cos the timetable is centred round eating times, plus the "help yourself" nature of seemingly endless free grub. Yes I know its not free but its the impession "all you can eat" gives

I must agree with you its that "all inclusive" feeling that makes you eat and drink far more than you would if you were paying for it, i suppose its called human nature.

omega2 is offline Registered User

Some "cruisers" do not need a gangway, a helter skelter would be far better!!

What is it the cruise director says in their welcome aboard show?

We greet you as passengers, we send you off as cargo ! My best moment was watching people eat the nuts and display houses on the Christmas decoration festive scene outside the buffet restaurant. Having just eaten 4 plates of food and carrying a plate to take back to the cabin for good measure they just needed a couple of nuts and a bit of gingerbread house

Henry

LOL so true

BlueChip is offline Registered User

Were looking to book a Med cruise, what cruise line was it and would you recomend it?

Elessar is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade_Master View Post
    As for the passengers, I have to say obesity is alive a well even in the recession. Despite reductions in wealth, cut backs etc seems folks still like to over indulge, the percentage of overweights was far greater than I imagined.
    I went on a cruise out of Galveston a couple of years ago on an American cruise ship.

Galveston is the port of Houston. Houston is America's fattest city, and America generally sets a high bar in that regard.

So a boat full of fatties out of the fat capital of fatland, I think I trump you!!

I guess its just the equivalent to an all inclusive 5* resort, you just prop the bar up and see if you can break even, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChip View Post
    Were looking to book a Med cruise, what cruise line was it and would you recomend it?
    Royal Caribean sails out of Malaga for 7 days east Valhencia, Italian port for Rome (long name cant remember) then Livorno, then Corsica. Sat to Sat

They have I believe three more such weekly trips before the ship "Adventure of the Seas", heads for the caribean for the winter, then starts up again in May I believe.

Not expensive either

omega2 is offline Registered User

If you want UK residents only, (yanks can be a pain), and do not want to dress for dinner then Thompson cruises are what you want, great fun and no worries.