Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lovezoo View Post
    And if they had forgotten your appointment/turned up the next day, or simply "phoned in" from the South Of France would you still have been so keen?
    Probably not...unless they'd left the keys and a full tank of fuel and a note saying "Be our guest; max it out"

ari is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Anyway, back on topic.
    It seems to me that, no matter how good the reasons behind FL approach might be, most folks agree that their competitors' attitude is not only nicer, but also more effective.
    To my simple mind, that's what really matters at the end of the day, and in FL boots I wouldn't dismiss these comments as "unrealistic".
    More effective at what?

Getting the maximum number of people on, through, and off their boats in one day?

Possibly.

Getting the maximum number of potential buyers properly qualified, accompanied by the correct/most relevant sales people, given plenty of time to look, having all their questions properly answered, details taken correctly so they can be followed up efficiently?

Maybe not...
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    More effective at what?
    Oi, I told about my simple mind, didn't I? To me, effectiveness means bringing results.
    According to what I read so far, FL approach dismissed some genuine leads, which signed contracts with others.
    That's all I would want to know, if I were a boat builder and had to decide which approach to follow.
    All the rest is forum talk.

No they didn't.

Some people got the hump because they perceived the Fairline system to be "unfriendly", a bit of "well if I HAD been a buyer...", and everyone else (myself included) simply asked to look at the boats and did.
    Ari

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Quote Originally Posted by cruisingsam View Post
    ........The stand out yacht for quality, attention to detail and super detailing was the Discovery 50 Cat. Made all the others look mass produced. Probably being shown round by the owners of the company made a difference but that is a quality product.
    +1; I was just a tyre-kicker for this sort of yacht but the friends we were with weren't. He is certainly looking for a yacht of high calibre with full live-aboard potential (and can afford it) and nothing was too much trouble for the company staff aboard re information giving - with no pressure at all; with several offers made to pop over to their build location for a look around and have further discussions as necessary.

No they didn't.

Some people got the hump because they perceived the Fairline system to be "unfriendly", a bit of "well if I HAD been a buyer...", and everyone else (myself included) simply asked to look at the boats and did.
    In my OP I certainly didn't say if I HAD been a customer. The thread has moved a little off topic, however I would like to add that I really haven't been to a UK boat show in years - literally, and obviously As has been pointed out I wasn't doing it 'right'. I would also like to add that we were both polite to the people we spoke with and they were with us and my disappointment was that we werent offered an appointment and in the morning when we had attempted to just walk around the barrier we were informed that there was a group viewing. Maybe we were unlucky on the day, I certainly wouldn't usually dismiss a product in this experience alone but as we didn't get to compare we ended up looking at other boats, one if which we are going to view again at a dealer. So on this occasion Fairline themselves have put themselves out of the frame for now. It's a shame that I didn't see Guy Or James Barke around the show as I am sure this would not have been the case. However we did see another dealer who we have bought two boats from over the past three and a half years and another that we bought a boat from several years before and were guests of a company of a brand we have never owned but would be very keen to see us in one of our boats. So does the system Fairline have in place REALLY work? Or because I wasn't waving my cheque book around at the show were we dismissed as a voyeur?

As I've said before no one knows what fortune befalls anyone and I wonder. . Just as a comparison. . How many people who now own very expensive boats just wandered around a boat show in the past before they even owned the boat just 'browsing'. . . Loads I bet!

I think from the sounds of it you were a combination of unlucky and being there on the worst (busiest) possible day.

Ultimately, non of the "big boys" are going to please all the people all of the time because they just don't have the manpower or boats available for peak times. There have been posts on here over the years berating Fairline, Sealine, Princess, and especially (I'd say) Sunseeker.

Whether Fairline are worse off because of it, hard to say. No doubt all of the stands risk losing customers because of being overwhelmed. What Fairline do have is a system that controls the visitors as effectively as can be, in terms of access, qualification and data capture.

They obviously think feel works for them, so maybe for each they "lose" they gain five properly managed leads that would otherwise not be dealt with properly.
    Ari

mikef is online now Registered User

. There have been posts on here over the years berating Fairline, Sealine, Princess, and especially (I'd say) Sunseeker.

No there haven't, at least not in my memory. Yes there have been a few mutterings about Sunseeker in the past but they have changed over the years and become more accessible. Fairline's policy, on the other hand, is a perennial topic for brickbats. In fact, I posted a very similar post to this OP's post about their LIBS 2010 viewing arrangements.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    "is a perennial topic for brickbats."
    That is the funniest thing i have read in this 8 page saga. It's a phrase to be saved for the next AGM. PMSL