Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Card

Hybrid View

Default Blue Card

Could someone tell use what is going on with this Blue Card system in Marmaris please.we are getting VHF broadcasts from Yacht Marina and emails saying a new law is enforce and that all boats must have the Blue Card ,its free now but we will have to pay for it soon .

I only have a small black water tank if i put all the water in to this tank i will need to pump out every day,they say all waist must go from sinks,showers,toilets and bilge,my wife is very nerve's and upset over this and we do not wont to have our boat taken in loo of a big fine.

Cheers
    Last edited by Capt-jacko; 26-09-11 at 17:15.

Carmel2 is offline Registered User
    Location : UKIP have proven they're a farce to be reckoned with.

I take it that means you can't wash your boat.........I foresee a lot of empty berths.
    Lidl, Because life did not turn out the way you thought. Cheers Paul.

yacht_fisher is offline Registered User

I found this on noonsite:

http://www.noonsite.com/Members/sue/R2009-11-11-4

It is a bit old now, but at least may give you a lead to start getting some more information. I myself am in Marmaris and have not heard anything recently about the scheme.

Yacht Marina are broadcast at 9 am on Chanel 69 VHF most mornings, warning of fine if you don't have blue card and dispose of waist at disposal sites,also if you email the main office they will send you details of the new law.

Default Transit Log

I have been trying to get a new Transit Log here in Marmaris this week and its proven not to be possible to get one with out a Blue Card,so looks like its now law.
    I will have to fit larger tanks to hold all the waist, the rule say 50 lit per person per day is what they think we use that means for 2 people for a week is 700 lit.

Thats a big tank but they will need you to prove that you are pumping that amount each week and it will be recorded on the Blue Card,God knows how much they are going to charge for the pumping out,

Well we do not have the funds to change the boat to comply with these new Regs and it all looks a bit of a rip off because when you got the card they can charge what they like for the pump-out .

Have pumped out several times at Marin Turk in Gocek this year.

Started off free, but they are now charging 20TL for pump out. This seems a standard charge no matter how many holding tanks are emptied.

The pump out machine does not appear to have any way of measuring how much waste has actually been discharged.

How do the fish go to the loo then?
    I'd miss my compost heap

MontyMariner is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Capt-jacko View Post
    I have been trying to get a new Transit Log here in Marmaris this week and its proven not to be possible to get one with out a Blue Card,so looks like its now law.
    As I understand it you don't need a Transit Log if under 10 Mtrs.
    What happens re Blue Card in that case?
    That's all I can stands, cuz I can't stands n'more!

Default Beware old information

There are postings on this going back to the original publication in autumn 2009.

There is a lot of historical background material still on our web site www.syfuga.co.uk but you'll have to root through places, turkey and go to link at bottom of page.

It seems that they are slowly trying to implement the practice, without the element of compulsion originally envisaged. Blue cards are being issued free.

The main issue is and always was gulets, tourist day boats, and larger vessels who discharged sewage etc.

Two separate issues exist:

The Blue Card is introduced by regulations on a pilot basis throughout Mugla Province, ie north of Bodrum to east of Olu Deniz.

Separate regulations exist regarding Skopea Limani or Gocek bays. This may be found
    http://www.marinturk.com.tr/Mevzuatlar.aspx?q=2
    Have lived the dream on http://www.syfuga.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Capt-jacko View Post
    Could someone tell use what is going on with this Blue Card system in Marmaris please.we are getting VHF broadcasts from Yacht Marina and emails saying a new law is enforce and that all boats must have the Blue Card ,its free now but we will have to pay for it soon .

I only have a small black water tank if i put all the water in to this tank i will need to pump out every day,they say all waist must go from sinks,showers,toilets and bilge,my wife is very nerve's and upset over this and we do not wont to have our boat taken in loo of a big fine.

Cheers
    We were borded this year by Coast gards 3 of them checked transit log,first aid box fire fighting stuff and life raft, and not just use all boats in the bay,
    so it dose happen but we are getting the hell out now this Blue Card thing has started been put in place,we dont have the gray water tank and we not going to the expence of fitting one,so its by by Turkey,