Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Card

jamesmar is offline Registered User

Do you reckon that the gulets will have to get blue cards as well? I suspect that they will find a way round the regs.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmar View Post
    Do you reckon that the gulets will have to get blue cards as well? I suspect that they will find a way round the regs.
    That would be so wrong, as they are possibly the worst offenders.

This bureaucracy is why we left turkey after 11 years of wintering in the Fethiye Göcek area.
    We do have a black water tank but I refuse to justify the discharge of some spaghetti cooking water.
    Furthermore one has to justify against a new made “official “ witch is no good. Give a Turk a hat and he becomes God, the only way left to communicate with him is bakshisch.
    The forced command to pump out the quantity They calculate at a rate They want and for a price They make, is just to much for me as a Cruiser. Nobody tells me what to do, that is why I am the captain of my little ship.
    Saw it coming and together with the rule for max stay of 11 days in the bays, They now have a tool to fine for living. Last year only three yachts winter-cruised the beautiful Fethiye Göcek Bays.
    Fifty uniforms, three coastguard vessels and one helicopter had nobody else to play with than us.
    They left us in peace but came looking every day. Mad dogs and uniformed macho´s, that is not my game. We just have to look at each other and the battle begins. Do not forget that even the flag police come check the courtesy flag with three machine-gun armed hats and one very alfaman officer.
    In 2009, They came checking my papers three times in one week. Polite, but bossy. Every time different crew. The forth time I took the painter of there dingy, pulled it through a hole in foot rail and tied it to the mainscheet in the middle of cockpit. Then I started acting absolutely bezurk. Did not stop talking for fifteen minutes in my for everybody incomprehensible Flemish dialect. Left them no second for asking something, showed them my papers four times, and a photo album then times. They ware rely afraid of me, as is everybody. A lunatic is dangerous. They ware asking to untie there painter, but I had fun now and played complete utterly mentally overturned. Imitating Rowan Atkinson. One of them wanted to board the yacht to untie himself and I gave my loony performance some extra power. I kept them fifteen minutes tied to my boat. Those young boys had absolute no idea what to do with this totally crazy old man. Two ware giggling, then there boss became angry so I let them go. No more “ Papers, transitlog ” for the rest of winter.
    The Turkish Riviera has changed. Liveaboard cruisers no longer welcome. The Turks are discovering there beautiful coast and yachting is very trendy. Money is no problem, the Turkish new rich is extremely arrogant. The coastal population sees all this money and wants it share. Ten years ago they had a donkey, the rich a two stroke motorcycle. Now they drive a BMW SUV. and have a 54 feet yacht. No experience exept for giving gas.
    I do not think the new rules are going to be rigorously implemented. Unless someone dos not like you. One call and you have the uniforms on your back. And now they have a tool to fine you.
    No way, Bawley has left the building.
    Last edited by OldBawley; 26-10-11 at 11:26.

truscott is offline Registered User

Can anyone confirm that this "Blue Card" requirement is still just for Mugla Province, or has it been expanded to include all of Turkey? Is Didim covered, or Finike?

Also, how will you fare if you are based in Kos for example and are sailing to Symi & Rhodes. Are you likely to get boarded and held to account for not having a "Blue Card"? I suspect not, and also suspect that Greece is about to get a large influx of Charter Operators!

I'm just wondering whether it is time to venture elsewhere, which is a pity as we really like Turkey, but the cost and hassle of fitting Grey Water tanks leaves us only being able to feed into the Black Water ones, and at the suppossed 50 Ltr's per day per person, we're going to have to moor permanently to the pump out station

If you think about this, our boat sleeps 6 comfortably, which is a 300 Ltr volume per day by the figures we've been told they are using. Leaving Marmaris, the next pump out station is Bozburun or Orhaniye. This year we took 10 days to get to Bozburun. 3000 Ltrs of grey water apparently, and yet we only took on 200 Ltrs of water along the way! If my school lessons are still recalled correctly, that 3000 Ltrs, is 3 Cubic Meters of space. Almost the volume of one of the aft cabins. I can't see me adding any Grey Water Tanks to that capacity!

I really hope the Charter Operators can get some sense put into this, as they're the only ones with the financial clout that may be able to bring some sanity into the picture.

Crossing my fingers and toes.

PT.

PT.

On the south coast there is no such thing, and no one even knows what a blue card is! The Aegean coast is different in any event by virtue of the much larger "fleet" in attendance and cash flow opportunities!

The marina where I keep my boat, has issued no such instruction or information. In fact my enquiry was just confusing for them! But then again, they are considerably more relaxed over this kind of thing, and far less anal than in Marmaris!

It will get to you, at present it is just from north of Bodrum to the Fethiye area, Mugla Province. As soon as its seen as a success with revenue raised, and a lot of boats moved to other areas it will be extended.

The literature lists just 30 pump out points in an area from Yalikavak to Fethiye that must have several thousand boats in it. I think that some charter bases have their own pump out facilities, but even so there is a physical impossibility of making the system work for all boats, after all how long is anybody prepared to queue up to be pumped out?
    Working on immortality - One day at a time.

To be perfectly honest I don't think this is as much of an issue, as is being suggested! After all, this is Turkey and rules and regulations are determinedly argued for by the administrators, and then mostly ignored by the enforcement agencies!

Confusing I know but rules here are meant to be flexible at least, and guidance at best, but enforced rigidly, never!
    I have asked all my Turkish friends, one even runs a charter fleet from Bodrum, and so far nothing!

I wonder if they are just "selling" this through the foriegners that keep boats here, because it is only Mugla province and seemingly from the posts only Marmaris. In any event all the boats transiting through Mugla will not comply, and once left the region, no one else will know about it!
    Last edited by satsuma; 13-10-11 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman_E View Post
    It will get to you, at present it is just from north of Bodrum to the Fethiye area, Mugla Province. As soon as its seen as a success with revenue raised, and a lot of boats moved to other areas it will be extended.

The literature lists just 30 pump out points in an area from Yalikavak to Fethiye that must have several thousand boats in it. I think that some charter bases have their own pump out facilities, but even so there is a physical impossibility of making the system work for all boats, after all how long is anybody prepared to queue up to be pumped out?
    I don't think it relay matters if it works or not,the point is a hidden agenda to get rid of visters and there boats from the bays because the new rich Turks wont it for them self, visiting Yachts that are in the bays are going to be easy pickings for the CG and his Hi Def camera mounted on his helicopter.my fear is a lot of people are going to have big fines and there boat taken un till its payed and i see a lot of distressed people as a result, we have been in this area for a few years now but as soon as the winter is over we are off away from this area and maybe country too , this year we found very rude some of the Turkish boat owners and arrogant also.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt-jacko View Post
    I don't think it relay matters if it works or not,the point is a hidden agenda to get rid of visters and there boats from the bays because the new rich Turks wont it for them self, visiting Yachts that are in the bays are going to be easy pickings for the CG and his Hi Def camera mounted on his helicopter.my fear is a lot of people are going to have big fines and there boat taken un till its payed and i see a lot of distressed people as a result, we have been in this area for a few years now but as soon as the winter is over we are off away from this area and maybe country too , this year we found very rude some of the Turkish boat owners and arrogant also.
    As a conspiracy theory I think it is a little lame! On the basis that approximately 70%-80% of Turkish owned boats in Turkey are actually foreign flagged (possibly more)! Especially the rich ones, most are registered in Delaware, and others in Germany!

Again, from what has been said, the drive for this seems only to be coming out of Marmaris! and possibly led by Yat Marin? Perhaps the new management see a bigger earnings potential through pumping out and blue card issue? My advice would be to avoid Marmaris! I do!

I am surprised that you found Turkish nationals to be rude however, that is not the normal reputation of a Turk. It is the only country I am aware of that has hospitality to visitors, enshrined in law!

jamesmar is offline Registered User

"I am surprised that you found Turkish nationals to be rude however, that is not the normal reputation of a Turk. It is the only country I am aware of that has hospitality to visitors, enshrined in law"

I would agree with you there...We have sometimes encountered rudeness from people in Turkish flagged boats,and it always turns out that they are from other countries..usually north of the med.