Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Card

donde is offline Registered User

My transit log was checked in Kas 2009 and as it was not up to date got fined 160 liras. So I would not feel so easy with the regulations. Left for Greece to see what happens with the blue card.

jamesmar is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by donde View Post
    My transit log was checked in Kas 2009 and as it was not up to date got fined 160 liras. So I would not feel so easy with the regulations. Left for Greece to see what happens with the blue card.
    What do you mean by not up to date?

The transit log was not up to date because the crew list was not updated, one member of the crew was not on the list.

Default That's interesting but

With the greatest of respect,it was your own fault. If you read the notes on the back (?) of the Transit log ,there is a requirement to keep it updated re crew change . It was hard luck getting caught,but you were careless.

I'm not having a go at you ,just stating the obvious.!!

You were lucky the fine was only 160 ytl.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
    Its obvious your not in Mugla, you DO wear a crash helmet on a scooter in Fethiye, yes and the Turks do too! (driver yes passenger optional) Red lights, you will see cars stopped at red lights unless they want a fine, they have a thing about the rules here.
    All probably prompted by the whinging foreigners that complain about rules not being followed
    Fortunately I live on the south coast of Turkey and by and large, common sense prevails over the "rules is rules" attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmar View Post
    With the greatest of respect,it was your own fault. If you read the notes on the back (?) of the Transit log ,there is a requirement to keep it updated re crew change . It was hard luck getting caught,but you were careless.

I'm not having a go at you ,just stating the obvious.!!

You were lucky the fine was only 160 ytl.
    I agree, it was my own fault. Just wanted to answer Satsuma.

Squeaky is offline Registered User

Good morning:

The comment by Donde reminds me of a claim I have heard bandied about recently to the effect that everyone on a yacht might not need to be included if they were "guests" such as one might have on board when family and friends join for a trip out to a bay for an afternoon.

Wonder if anyone else has heard anything on this interpretation or knows if this would be accepted by the coast guard.

Cheers

Squeaky

I would be surprised if the Turkish day trip boats are putting every guest on there transit log,i think they would never get off the key

I would be even more surprised if they all have transit logs!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmar View Post
    I would be even more surprised if they all have transit logs!
    I'd be amazed if a single one has a transit log!! . . . . . . . . they are for foreign flagged vessels in Turkish waters only!

The other alternative for Transit log crew lists, if people are worried about it, is to put every conceivable, possible or likely crew member to visit their boat, on at the start! But again, some enforcement agents accept this, and some don't! I still have never heard of the Coast Guard checking for this!