Page 1 of 190 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Default Rocna Anchors acquired by Canada Metal Pacific

Hi everyone,

This morning we heard that http://www.ybw.com/news/rocna-anchor...pacific/529811.

You can read more about this story on YBW: http://www.ybw.com/news/rocna-anchor...pacific/529811

Does this means that the nice Mr Craig is out of the picture?

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

""I am impressed with the manufacturing, engineering and quality control capabilities of Canada Metal Pacific," said Peter Smith, designer of the Rocna anchor. "I look forward to working with them to continue Rocna's growth as the highest quality, best-performing anchor available."

Ahem - surely he should have said "I look forward to working with them to restore Rocna's reputation."
    Next time, it'll all be different.

We've put in a couple of requests to talk to someone about that, but we haven't heard anything yet. It's certainly something I'd like to ask about.

If someone does get back to us, we will update the story and I'll let everyone know.

I note that the article didn't mention anything about what grade of steel they would be using, or where they would be built!

At the moment we don't know - we're waiting to see if we can talk to someone to find out more.

I know Yachting Monthly are covering the story in more detail, which will be in the next magazine.

Their anodes are competitively priced perhaps Rocna will now be a realistic price too

Scotty_Tradewind is offline Registered User
    Location : Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat: Portsmouth harbour, Wicormarine

Quote Originally Posted by bigwow View Post
    Their anodes are competitively priced perhaps Rocna will now be a realistic price too
    who are you comparing with?
    You never get to where you want to go if you only travel on sunny days.

Thumbs up

I always fancied a shiny new Rocna just because. Overpriced or not, the grab and holding power "caught" my respect.

I would be very happy to see Peter Smith back driving/rescuing/ vouchsafing the highest spec in material and manufacture of the product, his baby after all.

Meanwhile folks, anchored in this balmy June like weather in notoriously fickle Newtown Creek mud, I am delighted that I can apply full sustained reverse to my nimbly setting(60lb) CQR and it ain't budged and reset once very adroitly without my assistance when the winds went 180deg couple of days ago.

I am delighted that the YM team are on the case, ta for the update Laura.
    Why argue with a nautical wall? I just read the graffiti these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Tradewind View Post
    who are you comparing with?
    Iíve always found their Martyr brand, saildrive and prop, anodes cheaper and they seem to work well for me

Page 1 of 190 123456789101151101 ... LastLast