Default Rocna

Just had an email from Marine Factors to say that my replacement 620 20KG has arrived and they are ready to swap out the existing 20KG 420 unit that I have.

Chris

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by braehouse View Post
    Just had an email from Marine Factors to say that my replacement 620 20KG has arrived and they are ready to swap out the existing 20KG 420 unit that I have.

Chris
    So now wouldn't be a good time to ask if they wouldn't mind awfully swapping it for a Spade instead?
    Last edited by Twister_Ken; 12-03-12 at 21:33.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

vyv_cox is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by braehouse View Post

Chris
    Did they tell you it was Q620? The YM test on a recent anchor shows it to be neither Q420, 620 nor Bisplate 80.
    Answers to some technical queries at http://coxengineering.sharepoint.com

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    Did they tell you it was Q620? The YM test on a recent anchor shows it to be neither Q420, 620 nor Bisplate 80.
    Actually no they have not said what metal. I assumed it would be 620. Will ask the question.

Chris

Just got the following reply from Marine Factors, the UK Rocna distributor:

Based on the time you purchased your anchor we can confirm that it is not affected by the issue in question (I appreciate that some inaccurate media coverage may have led you to believe that it was – you are not the only one). Only one batch of faulty anchors, totalling 55, was delivered to the uk and this was in May of 2010 – well after you purchased your anchor from Arthurs.
    I hope this serves to reassure your confidence in what we believe to be the best anchor available on the market today.
    Kind regards,

Is that correct or should I still be worried?

I thought that we had been told that no faulty anchors came to UK?

Quote Originally Posted by mixmaster View Post

Based on the time you purchased your anchor we can confirm that it is not affected by the issue in question (I appreciate that some inaccurate media coverage may have led you to believe that it was you are not the only one). Only one batch of faulty anchors, totalling 55, was delivered to the uk and this was in May of 2010 well after you purchased your anchor from Arthurs.
    I hope this serves to reassure your confidence in what we believe to be the best anchor available on the market today.
    Kind regards,

A Chinese 25kg purchased in April 09 would only be a 420 or even a 400 shank, no way around it, thats all that produced during that time. It has been detailed many times over on this and other forums.

It is beside the point anyway as at that time you were sold a Bis80 ( 800) shanked anchor. That is how they were extensively advertised and promoted worldwide both online, in print, and instore.

Doesnt matter how much spin is put on it, you did not get what you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigger Mortice View Post
    I thought that we had been told that no faulty anchors came to UK?
    +1

Chris_Robb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mixmaster View Post

Based on the time you purchased your anchor we can confirm that it is not affected by the issue in question (I appreciate that some inaccurate media coverage may have led you to believe that it was you are not the only one). Only one batch of faulty anchors, totalling 55, was delivered to the uk and this was in May of 2010 well after you purchased your anchor from Arthurs.
    Kind regards,

I would still be worried. The lies that have come from this bunch are legendary. As Grant says - they were certainly not made from the stated materials so ask for your money back.

Also you might try Vyvs punch test, where if the mettle is not Bisally 80, there will be a substantial mark left in the shank when you whack it (technical term). PM Vyv for details if you cannot find it on this enormous thread.

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post
    Also you might try Vyvs punch test, where if the mettle is not Bisally 80, there will be a substantial mark left in the shank when you whack it (technical term). PM Vyv for details if you cannot find it on this enormous thread.
    Vyv detailed a much more reproducible test in YM. Basically sandwich a steel ball bearing between a stainless bolt head and the anchor shank. Crush the sandwich in a vice. If the bb leaves a bigger dent in the shank than in the bolt head, you ain't got what you paid for.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

Page 173 of 190 FirstFirst ... 73123163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183 ... LastLast