Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ice maker

Bbroomlea is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kid's inheritance View Post
    We are about to put an ice maker on the boat as we are decamping for warmer shores.Can anyone recommend one (non plumbed in version ) that is low volume (1/2 kg an hour or so),reasonably compact and robust?
    240/12 volt would be fantastic but I think that might be too optimistic!
    TIA
    Rob
    Are you giving up on Windermere weather? I completely understand the pull to a warmer climate - its not like we have had a good summer!

A boat like yours should be able to stretch her legs once in a while as well - it looks fantastic every time I see you out on the lake - enjoy your new cruising grounds

PCUK is offline Registered User

Forward planning Nick, forward planning!

kid's inheritance is offline Registered User

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bbroomlea View Post
    Are you giving up on Windermere weather? I completely understand the pull to a warmer climate - its not like we have had a good summer!

A boat like yours should be able to stretch her legs once in a while as well - it looks fantastic every time I see you out on the lake - enjoy your new cruising grounds
    Thank you , she is going to San Carles in spring , but it is worse than that, we went to the boat show to buy another boat to leave on the lake as we love it up there so much.The spec. was second hand, semi or displacement (10 knots so why not?) and with a flybridge.Despite loving the Fleming 55 , even we couldn't put such a fantastic sea going creature as that on the lake. So what do we do? Buy boat number 1 of the new C48.
    No flybridge, 33 knots but the theory is the kids learn in a very safe environment, get a few years experience and move that one to the coast.
    ..............and then we buy a Fleming
    Regards
    Rob
    p.s. call in for an iced G&T!