Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best products for cleaning non-slip deck

Hi,

My non-slip fore deck is ingrained with small black dots, which won't come off with normal brushing, so I'm after suggestions off what cleaning products I should try to remove them.

Also, would it be safe to use a power washer on this type of deck?

Many thanks,

Allan

stelican is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AllanG View Post
    Hi,

My non-slip fore deck is ingrained with small black dots, which won't come off with normal brushing, so I'm after suggestions off what cleaning products I should try to remove them.

Also, would it be safe to use a power washer on this type of deck?

Many thanks,

Allan
    Hi
    I have used Starbright non slip deck cleaner in conjunction with a Karcher rotary pressure washer and always been pleased with the results.

Use these sponges http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Magic-Era...7839763&sr=8-1 they can be bought in most supermarkets and pound shops cheap as chips and are fantastic for this job trust me.

My boat has been covered with black dots now for ages, I tried jet wash with stiff brush and TFR, no luck, in the end I used Lemon jiff with a hand scrubbing brush and it worked very easy.

xtiffer is offline Registered User

The cheap but reliable answer is oxalc acid solution.
    Cheers,
    Chris

cillit bang grime and lime is brilliant IMO... easy to get hold of. Often on a buy one get one free offer and sprayed on decks etc, with a little agitation with a scrubbing brush, leave for a minute then wash off boats looks like new. Wear gloves, otherwise does start to burn..

Elza_Skip is offline Registered User

I regularly use Starbrite non slip deck cleaner however if you have lots of small specks they may be pinholes which require alot of scrubbing to get the dirt out of.

another vote for starbrite non skid deck cleaner,wet deck slightly,spray product,slightly aggitate,leave for 1 min then scrub with long handled medium brush(not hard brush)& spray off,some areas may need a second application but it does work,regards mm1.

another starbrite vote, works well and is easy and quick
    only starbrite product i use, rest dont seem upto much but this does work well
    sunshine on a rainy day...

starbrite (a marine product...) 5

Cillit Bang grime & lime... 3.05 (but 2 for 1 offer currently at some supermarkets & on ocado)....

honestly, as someone who is OCD about cleaning I have tried most.. & this is good.
    Last edited by Firefly625; 06-10-11 at 21:18.