Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Sounds a great idea....count me in!

Any dates pencilled in yet? I could be up for cewing if the dates suited and someone wanted a crew.

Nothing lined up yet date-wise. I need to buy next year's almanic so I can have a good look at tides (unless sombody knows how to get predictions for next year without one).

From my point of view, I would like to avoid Bank holidays as we only sail with part of the family on board, and leaving home for a whole Bank holiday could render me a "live-aboard" instead of happily married home dweller!

We are based in Swanwick and I was hoping to find a weekend where the tide is OK to get to Yarmouth on Friday afternoon or early evening, then sail to Poole on Saturday then with on Sunday from Poole to home berth. Not sure how realistic that is.

May half term would suit us.

Not sure if crew would be up to Chi-Poole in one go, so might need a stop (typically on the way out) at Yarmouth.

Raft off Pottery Pier?
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...=284951&page=2
    "when the ship arrives in a wine country, there the master shall procure them wine to drink." Article XVII, Rules Of Oleron

You're in Swanick? Excellent, just 1/2 mile upriver. I can fall in line astern as you go by. Seriously, I'm up for this, just need about 8 weeks notice to request the time off.
    "Most people have some means of filling up the gap between perception & reality, and, after all, in those circumstances there are worse things than (put preferred vice here)".

Ru88ell is offline Registered User

Nice to see some traction on this. I'll work with PhillM to find a date as soon as we can get some predictions.

HW Portsmouth (BST):
    Sat. 19/5/12 11:18
    Sat. 26/5/12 15:35
    Sat. 2/6/12 09:56
    Sat. 9/6/12 16:05
    Sat. 16/6/12 10:03
    Sat. 23/6/12 14:38
    Sat. 30/6/12 08:28
    According to my free tables from Quay Lane Boatyard!
    ۞

We are members of Parkstone YC so if dates work for us we would like to join you on our 16' Wayfarer after the Saturday race if someone could let us squat for a few hours on their boat - will briing a few bottles!!.

Wayfarer's can carry more than just "a few bottles" - so if anyone wants their wine order from the wine merchants ferried out - just get them to deliver to Roger's boat ...
    Ok - it may slow his race down a little ... but he won't remember much about it having drunk his commission on delivery !

Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    Wayfarer's can carry more than just "a few bottles" - so if anyone wants their wine order from the wine merchants ferried out - just get them to deliver to Roger's boat ...
    Ok - it may slow his race down a little ... but he won't remember much about it having drunk his commission on delivery !
    Make my excuses now!! We have one of the new Hartley racing Mk4s so no front or rear buoyancy tanks for extra stores!! Buoyance is now between the hull and inner moulding.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast