Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lustyd View Post
    Agreed, I still plan to head for Poole on the Saturday if the weather looks OK.
    Me to, Poole is plan A but I wanted a workable plan B and C.

I am sure the haven are watching the weather too. They know what we are doing and our boat sizes and I am sure they have a pragmatic aproach to arrangements.

I spoke to Lymington earlier and was impressed by the way that they had a handle on things. They too have rallies. If the weather is poor they will be have space for us. If the weather is good they won't because all the bookings will turn up, but hey if it's good then we'll be in Poole!
    Looking for Cheverton boats to feature on http://cheverton.org.uk/

The only reason we'd not go to Poole is if doing so makes it look highly likely that we'll spend Sunday beating back to Chichester against much over a F6, with rain and low temperatures thrown in. I'd sooner be warm and dry in a pub somewhere.

That said, were a little bigger than some, so will follow the crowd and enjoy the company if the weather is marginal for all to feel comfortable heading to Poole.
    Last edited by Simondjuk; 01-05-12 at 18:27.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillM View Post
    I spoke to Lymington earlier and was impressed by the way that they had a handle on things. They too have rallies. If the weather is poor they will be have space for us. If the weather is good they won't because all the bookings will turn up, but hey if it's good then we'll be in Poole!
    I think this nails it nicely, Phill.

If we do get stuck in teh Solent and people want something non boaty for interest then Yarmouth have their MayFest on see here http://www.mayfestiw.com/

Real ale and live music. I imagine I could be dragged along there.

Ru88ell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
    If we do get stuck in teh Solent and people want something non boaty for interest then Yarmouth have their MayFest on see here http://www.mayfestiw.com/
    I'm sure we have to depart Yarmouth on Saturday to make space for an incoming rally.

we've booked in Sunday for the return journey and Ive just checked their on line booking and Sat 5th has spaces available

P

I generally assume that if the weather is bad enough to stop me leaving, it's bad enough to stop others coming, so there will be space available.

Ru88ell is offline Registered User

There is that Simon. We're in the designated rally walk ashore area, so they may well have spaces elsewhere. I may come in too.

lustyd is offline Registered User

They cannot make you put to sea if you don't feel it's safe. That's why they are often reluctant to take bookings for all the births.
    Vivacity 20, South Coast
    http://yachtlivemagic.blogspot.com

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast