Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sandyman is offline Registered User

Dont hold out for any help from the cops. They are totally useless.
    Not interested in petty theft, even though they say they take such maters seriously.
    To take thieving scumbags like these to court costs time & money and that might upset their shift routine or work patten. Had they been able to give them an instant fine.........well that's a different matter.

Sorry to hear about your losses but it looks like you will have to just grin & bear it.

rib is offline Registered User

seaways..good response,takes a life time to build a good name 10 secounds to lose it !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyman View Post
    Not interested in petty theft, even though they say they take such maters seriously.
    To take thieving scumbags like these to court costs time & money and that might upset their shift routine or work patten. Had they been able to give them an instant fine.........well that's a different matter.
    That's a little harsh. Whilst the first part of your argument has some truth to it, the latter part is just silly.
    Living the dream!
    www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk

Be sure your sins find you out..... thats a phrase I was always brought up with
    Last edited by JClarkes; 15-01-12 at 16:43.
    Canopy fasteners, stainless fittings, sailor bags www.jclarkemarine.com

Happydaze is offline Registered User

It's now over a month since Seaways were informed of the alleged thefts. Have they helped Jurgen to recover any of missing equipment? Have the insurers now paid out or what is their excuse for not? name and shame? Have the police done a follow up, fingerprints or just crime number. It would be nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    It's now over a month since Seaways were informed of the alleged thefts. Have they helped Jurgen to recover any of missing equipment? Have the insurers now paid out or what is their excuse for not? name and shame? Have the police done a follow up, fingerprints or just crime number. It would be nice to know.
    Last few posts IMHO are a little unfair on seaways, surely it's up to op to update us?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyman View Post

Sorry to hear about your losses but it looks like you will have to just grin & bear it.
    When some scrotes stole my petrol tank while trying to steal my Yam outboard but left it hanging underwater by its remote cables, the marine police in Poole could not have done more. They turned up promptly, they soon turned over known locals and recovered my tank along with other marine property within a week or so. Prosecutions followed and my tank is now awaiting collection.

Certainly impressed and suprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by haydude View Post
    It sounds to me from your post that you are more concerned about defending yourself from slander than helping your customer. I would recommend to calm down and work with your customer to help identify the responsible(s). You do not mention if you have cameras monitoring the yard.
    Harsh!
    If the OP had not informed the owner or the police of the loss, they were unable to get moving on the case or to take action to improve the security, which as far as they knew was effective.
    'Reinstate MadFrankie'

Angry

Having been 'On the wall' many times in the same location I can confirm security at the site is taken very seriously by the owners, however and Im sorry to say but it's still the responsibilty of the boat owner to ensure the safety and security of any equipment left onboard, just the same as if left unattended in a car.

The landing next to the yard is accessible at all times, thats just how it is, so no key or fence will stop those that land at the pontoon, and Iv'e seen some of the dinghy guys hop round the fence to gain access to the water stop taps while we were there antifouling only last week.

Last year while we were there a couple of local scumbags, well known for their activities stole two outboard motors from the marina, all credit to MDL, they caught them unloading said outboards on cctv and subsequently the outboards were recovered.
    The suspects were apprehended (caught red handed unloading) and to date the police still retain the outboards for evidence, the suspects claim they bought the outboards locally, however they are well known to the police for simillar offences so evidence collection continues, again they were using a small inflatable to gain access to the marina boats.

If possible check with MDL to see if they have any available footage, or if there has been recent activity, I know it's probably a little too late but you never know.

It's annoying that a couple of well known local scumbags can ruin what on the face of it seems a very secure and trouble free location, in 10 years nothing and all of a sudden these scum turn up and decide to treat torquay as their local crime shoping center, we now take far more notice of unusual folks around the marina, especialy if it looks like their looking for something/someone, guess it's only natuaral in the light of recent events, hope a prosecution is not too far off for the pair that have been caught, and hope that some of your stolen stuff turns up, perhaps a vissit to the next boat jumble would be wise and of course keep a lookout on Gumtree/Ebay.
    Living the Champagne lifestyle on Beer Money

The boat sits in the boat yard throughout most of the winter and some of the summer. Being from chicago, I need a security system that operates at cold temps.