Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyman View Post
    '' No idea on speed signs and don't care, whats the difference between 5knts and 7knts''

2kts ?

The difference is you 'were' breaking the speed limit. You may have only been on the helm
    but it would seem they saw you as responsible & fined you accordingly. OTT as it is I can understand your anger at the size of the fine, but not the fact you were fined.

You dont seem to care about speed signs. Does the same go for Speed itself ?

Only wish they would enforce speed limits in UK ports and harbours more rigorously.
    My theory is zero wake rather than exact speed limit.All vessels are different. For example one of mine creates huge wake if we are not on the plain.

Lakesailor is online now Registered User

Your theories don't cut it with the harbour police though

I have a theory why you got into bother though
    us 3 very experienced sailors

Only other thing it might be was we were wakeboarding in the dock....no idea if we were allowed to

No idea on speed signs and don't care,

(In which dock were you wakeboarding ?)no idea but docks as you turn port out of cadiz

My theory is zero wake rather than exact speed limit

chinita is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Csail View Post
    My theory is zero wake rather than exact speed limit.All vessels are different. For example one of mine creates huge wake if we are not on the plain.
    That makes snse to me.The dolphin boats here make a terrible wake my little dog nearly falls overboard so if they sped up to 20mph there would be no wake?

Does that mean you have to go realy slowly when boarding? Why dont you tell that to the cops - or get your Spannish mate to.You could say that you were not speeding as if you were then there would be no wake and so you coud not have been boarding.

They cant have it both ways.

another thing. did you say they have got your docs or your DOGS?

They cant take your dogs as there is no rspca in spain and it is against your human rights.

If anybody tried to take my dog i would go mental - speeding or not!

Anyway, were is your Spannish 'mate' he seems not bothered so dont you bother either. I'd get the next plane home an blooox to them. dont go back and let them do what hey want. Did you tel them you were from wales?
    Last edited by chinita; 23-11-11 at 17:26.

Caladh is offline Registered User

Can't help agreeing with Lakesailor. Don't care attitude and can't be bothered to find out ? Can't complain then ? Used to get very p*ssed off with people speeding when I sailed back in the UK. As an experienced sailor surely you're aware that ignorance is never a defense......

PS. Why did the thread thread go AWOL half way through on what appeared to be a serious subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladh View Post

PS. Why did the thread thread go AWOL half way through on what appeared to be a serious subject.
    I was going to ask that question too.

JamesFrance is offline Registered User

Invasion of the lounge lizards..................
    James

DavidofMersea is online now Registered User

Last week we went walking with group of friends. We took 6 cars and parked on a very very quiet road way out of town. When we got back about 3 hours later they had towed 3 of the cars away because they were parked near a corner. Those concerned told me that they would have to pay over 150 to get them back.

We suspect that some s..t stirring local, hearing us talking in English and German, had reported them, as a traffic warden would never go that far out of town - It is things like this that puts tourists off going to Spain, and Spain desperately needs tourists now
    I respect my elders, but I can't find many now