Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Divemaster1 View Post
    Yup, that is a bunk bed... hinged up and when lowered down she is aligned with the recess going in under the top part of the stairs (first piece of the picture in front of the stairs..).

Headroom is not too bad as that is up to the side deck what you see, so when you sit up, your head is naturally brught forwards underneath the large expanse between the dashboard and front windows.

Not much room between the lower bunk and top in the area where the feet are though .... but have slept in both bunks myself (178 Cm), but not experienced any problems with normal bedding in place.

However, I will take some measurements for you.... just let me know which ones you're interested in ...
    Hm, slightly confused, need to remove the steps again and measure what's going on behind.
    I'm afraid that in order to do something like your design, I'll have to move the door to this stbrd cabin to the bow in order to have enough space for the staircase... And that's a hell of a job that I'll have to consider very carefully

I was planning to have this bunk under the helm foot area so all height will be very much limited. In your case half of it is in standing height. I'll do some more measuring and come back to you with exact measurement needs.

cheers

V.

slowly recoving from the fractured rib, so a bit of progress (temps up to 3C, nice and warm!)

Regarding this third cabin and the placement of the cross axis bed, there doesn't seem to be any other solution than MOVING the door 30cm to the bow, extending the helm level top step by also 30cm and hence shift the staircase to the bow. This way I get to keep the aircon/compressor and piping intact and not having to worry about finding alternative place to fit them

Considering the badly damaged leatherette lining of the wall, the width of these material (140cm) I worked it out that after all shifting the door is not more than a couple of days work...
    Problem is finding an easy way of cutting through half the thickness of the plywood in order to make a matching blanking plate that will take some forces and cut the new hole.

TBH, I'm struggling in finding a way of removing the door frame off the plywood hole. It's oval alright, but it's one piece alloy and a v.tight fit meaning there's not enough slack to manage to push one end out of ply
    will try again when rib's not hurting

Other thing I did was clear out as far as I could in 3hrs the cable mess in the right hand side of the helm just on top of the fusebox...
    What I found there is really difficult to describe, fcking mess is an understatement. Anyone wanted to connect a device, just lifted any panel, found a live cable (ANY live cable to be exact!) and went his merry way producing an amazing colourfull spagetti...
    I think that with another 6-7hours I'll be down to the factory installation (all working perfectly btw!) plus the extras that need to be properly wired through the fusebox underneath...

Nice thing is that managed to find a steering fluid leak I was experiencing unfortunately in a very difficult to access spot just behind the fusebox.
    This connector box has the two copper pipes from the f/b steering wheel on top and a T under it getting the inner helm wheel and sending them down back to the rudders. Anyone care to explain how this work and what does this box do???

cheers

V.

Quote Originally Posted by virtuvas View Post

TBH, I'm struggling in finding a way of removing the door frame off the plywood hole. It's oval alright, but it's one piece alloy and a v.tight fit meaning there's not enough slack to manage to push one end out of ply
    will try again when rib's not hurting
    Mine's got a split and joning at the bottom (I believe) and fixed with a bolt... will check tomorrow...

Other thing I did was clear out as far as I could in 3hrs the cable mess in the right hand side of the helm just on top of the fusebox...

Nice thing is that managed to find a steering fluid leak I was experiencing unfortunately in a very difficult to access spot just behind the fusebox.
    This connector box has the two copper pipes from the f/b steering wheel on top and a T under it getting the inner helm wheel and sending them down back to the rudders. Anyone care to explain how this work and what does this box do???
    Loos like a non-return valve mechanism to ensure there are no flow of fluid from used helm to not used.... will see if I can find my setupand take picture tomorrow...
    Regards, Alf

I've stopped drinking water .... I have seen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

Mine's got a split and joning at the bottom (I believe) and fixed with a bolt... will check tomorrow...
    yep, that's how mine are as well Alf. Problem is having removed all screws, I can just about lever the one edge of this frame a bit before it jams against the other edge
    I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but not got the hang of it yet.

Loos like a non-return valve mechanism to ensure there are no flow of fluid from used helm to not used.... will see if I can find my setupand take picture tomorrow...
    hm, looks like a non return from lower helm to f/b. There is a simple T underneath the box and that goes to lower helm. Maybe there's a priority issue? Lower helm takes priority over f/b???

Still thing is I have to get to this and manage to tighten (or more likely slacken, clean, refit) which is going to be a problem.
    Still a good load of cables to remove from the area before I can have decent access to it.

cheers

V.

yep, that's how mine are as well Alf. Problem is having removed all screws, I can just about lever the one edge of this frame a bit before it jams against the other edge
    I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but not got the hang of it yet.
    1) remove door (obviously)
    2) remove the fixings (screws)
    3) push both pieces apart and leaver one side up with a screwdriver ..... ( not the drink!!), whilst pushing the frame part you are leavering slightly outwards... it is important to keep the pressure outwards for both pieces whilst doing this, otherwise you won't manage to split the frame...
    Regards, Alf

I've stopped drinking water .... I have seen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

hm, looks like a non return from lower helm to f/b. There is a simple T underneath the box and that goes to lower helm. Maybe there's a priority issue? Lower helm takes priority over f/b???

Still thing is I have to get to this and manage to tighten (or more likely slacken, clean, refit) which is going to be a problem.
    Still a good load of cables to remove from the area before I can have decent access to it.
    are you sure there is a leak ? (difficult to see from the pic)
    if not, I would leave it as it is,
    and avoid to even touch this

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    are you sure there is a leak ? (difficult to see from the pic)
    if not, I would leave it as it is,
    and avoid to even touch this
    Bart, yes for sure there's a leak. The top racor of the right hand side T is leaking (I've topped up around 300ml over the couple of month she was in the water). It's all now on the floor under this junction box
    You can just about see a glossy spot between all the cabling...

Alf,
    I went through the three stages you describe and stuck on the third with a large screwdriver levering between the two ends of the frame. Maybe need a couple more large screwdrivers to help push things about. Will try again when rib's not hurting, feeling rather bad the last couple of days tbh...

cheers

V.

Alf,
    I went through the three stages you describe and stuck on the third with a large screwdriver levering between the two ends of the frame. Maybe need a couple more large screwdrivers to help push things about. Will try again when rib's not hurting, feeling rather bad the last couple of days tbh...

cheers

V.
    Forgot to mention, that I found removing hinges a must and that pushing opposites worked as well ... ie top left and bottom right...may help having an extra body doing that whilst you attending to the joint....

Anyway, another picture of the companion way ... this time from the master cabin in bow, which shows the location of Stb cabin at bottom of the stairs...

Regards, Alf

Just read this thread for the first time V, this is a huge reno for sure. Well done so far.

I've gathered MiToS is a similar design to Alf's Navigator, which I have been aboard previously, so I will be interested in watching progress.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AndieMac View Post
    ........I've gathered MiToS is a similar design to Alf's Navigator, which I have been aboard previously, so I will be interested in watching progress.

Good luck.
    There are some similarities ....

Regards, Alf

Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast