Default Aquagen through-deck connection

Anybody here got an Aquagen?

I've just bought a second-hand 12v jobby, and so now have the fun of mounting it and wiring it into the charging circuit. Have you connected yours permanently - ie just fed the cable through a deck-gland? Or have you fitted some sort of socket and plug so that you can unplug and dismount it from the pushpit? If you've fitted a socket and plug, what sort? Just an ordinary B&Q waterproof socket and plug? Or some special yachty thing?
    I'd miss my compost heap

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Anybody here got an Aquagen?

I've just bought a second-hand 12v jobby, and so now have the fun of mounting it and wiring it into the charging circuit. Have you connected yours permanently - ie just fed the cable through a deck-gland? Or have you fitted some sort of socket and plug so that you can unplug and dismount it from the pushpit? If you've fitted a socket and plug, what sort? Just an ordinary B&Q waterproof socket and plug? Or some special yachty thing?
    Is it better to put the vunerable connection at deck level, or go through a deck gland and join up below in the relative dry. The latter I think.

Bulgin Bucanneer IP68 - just the job.

I'v done through-gland installation and always regretted it when things have to be moved or removed.