Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    mikef is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Balearick View Post
    Yes that's her. Some camera phone pics during the survey earlier this week...
    That looks familiar. Adriano? How's the new marina coming along there? Lovely boat btw

Balearick is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    That looks familiar. Adriano? How's the new marina coming along there? Lovely boat btw
    Yes Port Adriano. I heard it's come on really well (I wasn't there for the survey, I'm in SofF currently). But from what I hear it's very expensive.

Beautiful boat. I just saw an ad for a 1997 Sunseeker with 315 hrs on the engines, hope you get to use your boat a little bit more than that.

erik_plus8 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by scej View Post
    i have delivered a few 64 preds both with IPS and shafts. the dash is a bit of a stretch to reach things but i think the visibility is fine (i'm 5'3"). I have been out in some naughty weather as well and they run fine. As far as IPS verse shafts is concerned i think i would have the shaft.
    Hello scej,

how would you describe the difference between IPS and shafts in similar boats and why do you prefer shafts? I have driven IPS boats and shaft boats but that was always in different boats (brands) and therefore different handling characteristics "built in".
    You can always use another 50hp...

Quote Originally Posted by Balearick View Post
    Has Jimmy been demoted from builder to bricklayer? Times must be tougher that I thought!
    Tee-hee, don't let on but I'm actually jimmy the unpaid blimmin labourer at the moment, I've spent this week cleaning up after someone went on the rampage with an 18 tonne excavator, yikes

Cheers
    Jimmy

Nice boat, will have to get No.1 son to buy one as SWMBO says we are keeping the Abs 41 cos she likes it. It took EBY all of two weeks to sell their 41 so your 45 shouldn't hang about at the right price.

erik_plus8 is offline Registered User

Hi scej,

I'm interested in hearing your opinion about IPS vs shafts in the same hull. You've driven Pred 64s with both as I understand. What made you prefer shafts?

I've driven shaft and IPS boats but never in the same hull, so it is not so easy so compare.
    You can always use another 50hp...

Took her out a couple of days ago and took a bit of video (with a normal camera so pretty shaky), she's called 'Dark Star' same as my old ABS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16vcIQ8HUfE
    Last edited by Balearick; 02-05-12 at 09:41.

mikef is offline Registered User

Nice video, Balearick. That coastline looks familiar. NW Mallorca? Had you been upto Soller?

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Nice video, Balearick. That coastline looks familiar. NW Mallorca? Had you been upto Soller?
    Yes :-) was on way back down from Soller.