Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Gwylan is offline Registered User

Time for a massive invasion of 'red powered' British ships - mass disobedience might expose this for the farce it is. Or a blockade of Belgian ports, a massed sail up the Schelte at 3 knots and a blockade of Antwerp might get some attention. Works for the French fishermen.
    Gwylan, a settee with a sail

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I cannot understand he principle that doing something perfectly legal in one EU state is illegal in another.
    Baffling - isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guapa View Post
    2. On another note: in Belgium you can legally buy duty free alcohol and tobacco for yourself and your crew - within reason. The only pre-condition is that is has to be consumed outside Belgian territorial waters.
    UK yachts carrying duty free alcohol and fags - legally bought in Belgium - have had them confiscated by C&E upon arrival in the UK.

toad_oftoadhall is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

Well done Burnham Bob!

Guapa,
    The tax-free booze from Belgium is not "for consumption outside Belgium" it is only for consumption OUTSIDE THE EU. You cannot get duty free for any trip across the borders of any EU member countries. Same applies in UK, if you got duty free booze in UK & landed in Belgium, France, Holland or any other EU country it would be liable for confiscation.

You CAN have legal duty free on a trip to/from the channel islands tho.
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by toad_oftoadhall View Post
    Well done Burnham Bob!
    yes well done Bob. BUT he has only got "The Official" Line, no more the call me dave would have stated if asked something
    I may be wrong but not always

Quote Originally Posted by Searush View Post
    Guapa,
    The tax-free booze from Belgium is not "for consumption outside Belgium" it is only for consumption OUTSIDE THE EU. You cannot get duty free for any trip across the borders of any EU member countries. Same applies in UK, if you got duty free booze in UK & landed in Belgium, France, Holland or any other EU country it would be liable for confiscation.

You CAN have legal duty free on a trip to/from the channel islands tho.
    i dont believe you to be correct Sir

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    i dont believe you to be correct Sir
    Please show me where I am wrong then. It is how Duty free rules have been applied to my many trips abroad - whether coming, going or transiting.
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

Please show me where I am wrong then. It is how Duty free rules have been applied to my many trips abroad - whether coming, going or transiting.
    sent PM

Gwylan is offline Registered User

Default Ruddy diesel

Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    The simplest way to resolve it will be to make the UK leisure boating diesel white - but it needs to be identifiable as such to deter people putting it in their road vehicles.
    Why would anyone do that, when marina diesel these days seems to always quite near the forecourt price?

I got done [over 700] by the Dutch on a similar charge a few years ago and it took a lot of screaming and shouting to get my money back.
    But the underlying problem has not been resolved by the politicos and their lackeys.
    Gwylan, a settee with a sail

http://www.generalstores.be/function...Pag=3&pnav=;6;

With the help of Google translate

Yachts (Belgian or Belgian) through the territorial waters extending from a Belgian marina to another EU (or EU) marina go, have the right goods free of duty and to pay the Belgian VAT to buy and this without any quantity limitation .

The supply is only possible in the Royal North Sea Yacht Club and the Mercator Marina in Ostend.

The consumption of duty-free goods are ONLY allowed outside territorial waters.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast