Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bateau57 View Post
    Just a question and the wording of this legalize. I am a British resident (16yrs) but not a British Citizen (Australian). Should I read this as it is said? I am covered by NHS in the UK as a tax paying resident. I have a boat in Turkey and will get a residents permit to cover the possibility of my stay extending past 3 months in any 6 months etc.

In the context of this notice does this apply to British residents?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Graham
    As far as I understand it, this "re-arrangement" applies to British citizens, resident in Turkey. All other nations should seek guidance from their own Consulates!

jimbaerselman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bateau57 View Post
    Just a question and the wording of this legalize. I am a British resident (16yrs) but not a British Citizen (Australian). Should I read this as it is said? I am covered by NHS in the UK as a tax paying resident. I have a boat in Turkey and will get a residents permit to cover the possibility of my stay extending past 3 months in any 6 months etc.
    Your citizenship is what matters when discussing visa conditions. Speak to the Oz consulate.
    JimB
    http://jimbsail.info helps Skippers plan Europe Cruises

Default From the UK FCO today re NHS

Update for British nationals
    This is an update to our notices of 25 January.

As we confirmed on 25 January, the Turkish SGK healthcare scheme is not compulsory for British nationals. We are aware that some local SGK offices claim to be unaware of this change. We have passed these offices a copy of the confirmation letter from SGK and we have asked the SGK authorities in Ankara to reissue their circular notice about this change.

For those wanting to register for healthcare, we are aware that some SGK offices are still asking for individual letters from the NHS confirming that you are no longer eligible for NHS cover in the UK. This is unnecessary as we have already provided the SGK authorities in Ankara with a statement from the NHS that covers all British nationals. Again, we have asked the SGK authorities to recirculate this letter to all of their offices around Turkey.

For those who want to join, please contact your local SGK office by 31 January 2012.

For those of you who are still considering your options, we have been told that you can join at a later date. But as things currently stand, you would have to pay a fine and pay the back months from 1 February 2012.

For those who prefer to pay for treatment as they need it or to use their own private health insurance, you do not have to join. You can continue doing as you do currently. However, if you change your mind and choose to join later, see the paragraph above re: fines and back payment.

We know that there are still a lot of unanswered questions. This is not UK legislation and we are not the authority leading on it. This is not only affecting British nationals, almost all foreign nationals are expected to join. We are keeping in touch with the relevant Turkish authorities, and have urged the SGK in Ankara, both directly and through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to provide more information on your most commonly asked questions, in English, so that you can make informed decisions.

We have also asked the Turkish authorities about a number of issues in all this that affect British nationals, both those joining before 31/1 and afterwards. You will understand that we cannot go into the details of these discussions at the moment. Nor can we predict the outcome. As soon as we have more information, we will provide an update here.

jimbaerselman is offline Registered User

So, the marinas were just dreaming. 90 days out of 180 is the new visa regime for British visitors. The British consulate note was updated on 31 January. http://www.jimbsail.info/drupal/goin...untries/turkeyhas been updated.
    JimB
    http://jimbsail.info helps Skippers plan Europe Cruises

http://aegeanindependent.com/?p=1324#more-1324

Mind this Fethiye newspaper throws a little doubt on its implementation for a number of countries, but wouldn't surprise me if the person they spoke to in the immigration office wasn't a cousin of the person the marina people spoke to.

http://www.akbukturkey.com/tourist_visas.html

This link explains how the new 90/180 day visa rules work and includes a calculator for working out the effect of multi visits.

The Turkish jury is out on the 180/90 day visa, although its being issued at the moment the passport people here expect it to be scrapped, they are awaiting a document from Ankara for confirmation
    What is the provenance of this Marsupial. There is and has been too much ill informed anecdotal third party information to date.I have been hearing " a man said it will be scrapped " and " documents are on the way from Ankara" and similar stories for sometime. You may be right but please do not fuel the nervousness that some people have without factual information.

Brits be aware that if you do elect to pay into the Turkish system for health insurance your NHS cover is cancelled, at least the Turks tell me that they will inform the NHS of your decision and the NHS will cancel your UK health cover (I find this a bit difficult to believe but the Turks believe it; I am in no position to argue the point - any UK National Insurance experts out there?).
    National Insurance has nothing to do with the NHS. The NHS is based on compliance with UK residence criteria and is free to all who qualify. If you are out of the UK for more than 3/6 months depending on circumstance you are no longer technically entitled to free NHS . As this will apply to virtually all Brits who voluntarily take up SGK insurance the assertion should change nothing.

Take up residency and DONT pay the Turkish national health insurance, you will get a residency number which a good residency agent will register with local hospitals on your behalf which will allow you a 70% discount on all health services (in other words you will pay the Turkish rate).
    You will need a Kimlik(YTC) number which you get after obtaining a Resident Permit in order to join the health system and you appear to be describing the system prior to the introduction of the new system. The YTC number is issued by the NUFUS ( Population) and which you use on all official documents as a unique identity number; I have even been asked for it when a shop has been filling in a guarentee form for goods I have bought.
    Last edited by akyaka; 04-02-12 at 17:32.

To be honest, it is still a little uncertain! I realise that rules and laws have been made and declared etc, but that is nothing unusual in Turkey.
    The 90 in 180 day stamp has been issued now for some time (over a year) in some places, still doesn't mean much. They might stick to it this time, they might not, but I can't see it affecting very many people adversely!

Its the people who sail spring and autumn who have to be careful not to transgress.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by akyaka View Post
    What is the provenance of this Marsupial. There is and has been too much ill informed anecdotal third party information to date.I have been hearing " a man said it will be scrapped " and " documents are on the way from Ankara" and similar stories for sometime. You may be right but please do not fuel the nervousness that some people have without factual information.

MY sources are Turkish Administrators, reliable government officers, not a man in the pub, I DONT DO HEARSAY that said I didnt get her finger prints or DNA so what provenance will you accept? hell this forum is worse than a trial sometimes or do we do have to accept the world according to AKYAKA is the only one we can live in?

National Insurance has nothing to do with the NHS. The NHS is based on compliance with UK residence criteria and is free to all who qualify. If you are out of the UK for more than 3/6 months depending on circumstance you are no longer technically entitled to free NHS . As this will apply to virtually all Brits who voluntarily take up SGK insurance the assertion should change nothing.

"virtually all brits" - how many have you counted them? - thought not - its a big issue for many who have boats and holiday homes here, 4 months in 3 months out etc the removal of health care in the UK IF you take up SGK in Turkey is very worrying - remember some people have taken it up because they are law abiding and that was the law that was threatened - i.e. you must take it up.

BTW I have a residency permit for 4 countries now - it means I can live there not that I do or that I must.

You will need a Kimlik(YTC) number which you get after obtaining a Resident Permit in order to join the health system and you appear to be describing the system prior to the introduction of the new system. The YTC number is issued by the NUFUS ( Population) and which you use on all official documents as a unique identity number; I have even been asked for it when a shop has been filling in a guarentee form for goods I have bought.

I am describing the situation as it has been described to me TODAY ie the new system (I suppose, I assume - but I did nt get any DNA or fingerprints)
    this is the last post from Marsupial I have left the building. I am sure you will all be OK without my input.