Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

A "visitor's visa" is is issued to someone who turns up at the border (airport, wherever) with a passport, but no other paperwork
    This is not the right Forum to be discussing this but gladly or sadly depending on your point of view obtaining even simple short stay visas into the UK is not easy for a number of countries including people from Turkey. I have exactly the same experience as Satsuma with a Turkish friend who is currently visiting his in laws and whom I stood as guarentee for. If his application had been unsuccessful he would not have got his not inconsiderable application money back.; also the English wife of an Englishman who worked for me in Hong Kong had to return to the UK to have her baby as otherwise coming from an army family her baby would have been the third generation born outside the UK and classed as an alien and refused entry if they had just "turned up at the border".

Quote Originally Posted by satsuma View Post
    I'm not sure that is entirely true?
    My friend (Turkish) has just applied for a visa to visit the UK! Aside from the 26 documents he had to provide (translated), plus bank statements and letters of support etc, he also had to select the length of visa that he was applying for! (up to 10 years). No mention of 90 in 180, and certainly not £10!
    UK is not part of Schengen and VISITOR visas are the subject under discussion

Now that the new visitor visa regime has been in force for two weeks, is there anyone whose old type visa ran out in the last two weeks and has done a visa run and been issued with the new 90/180 visa?

I'm sure that I read that you could do this, but only once, from a credible source but can't for the life of me find it now.

Artic Warrior is offline Registered User
    Location : Marmaris... now Going full time livaboard from march 2014

Hi Guys,,
    i dont want to go for a solid 3 months but want to go for three seperate months within the 6 months period.
    so i understand that i will have to wait until the 180 days are up untill i can go back....
    Am i right thinking this,,,,

Hi again,

Ive been looking through all coments,,,and it looks like its multiple entry of up to 90 days within 180........few...!!
    Greece here we come,,,hee hee

dont want to go for a solid 3 months but want to go for three seperate months within the 6 months period.
    so i understand that i will have to wait until the 180 days are up untill i can go back....
    As long as your total number of days does not exceed 90 days in the 180 days from first arrival you can visit as often as you like. What you cannot do is overlap the Tourist visa as you previously.If you are legally in Turkey on day 180 you must leave and cannot return until the following day at the earliest.Its no different from any of the 25 countries who are signatories to the Schengen Treaty.
    You may find this calculator helpful

http://http://bodrumbulletin.com/com...isa-calculator

Ok Cool,,
    All understood now,,,thankyou,
    i didnt realize about the multipul entry,

Squeaky is offline Registered User

Default Visa policy for foreigners visiting Turkey to be eased

Good morning:

The following three paragraph announcement appeared in todays newspaper:

Foreigners visiting Turkey will be able to prolong their 90-day tourist visas to nine months, allowing them to have more time to enjoy Turkey without the hassle of acquiring a residence permit.

Under the current visa regulations, tourists are currently only allowed to stay 90 days in 180 days. However, the Ministry of Internal Affairs has made a change to the visa policy for foreigners, enabling them to extend tourist visas for an additional six months.

Those whose visas have already expired will also be able to extend their stay in Turkey to nine months upon paying a fine.
    http://www.todayszaman.com/news-2737...-be-eased.html

Will have to wait for further details to be announced but at least they are thinking along the right track.

Coincidentally I spoke to the General Marina Manager yesterday about this problem and the annoucement appeared this mornign so I have now e-mailed him, tongue in cheek, and asked him to solve the problem of needing an agent in order to get a Transit Log which I find very annoying and expensive.

Ever onward and upward.

Squeaky

Carmel2 is offline Registered User

Hi Squeaky,

I realise it's early days, but do you know if the new 9 month visa requires you to have a permanent Turkish marina contract, or address?
    Lidl, Because life did not turn out the way you thought.
    Cheers PC

Squeaky is offline Registered User

Good afternoon:

The latest details I have found are:

Visa regulations for British tourists in Turkey – update 9/3/12

The Turkish Authorities revised their visa procedures on 1 February 2012. (Please find below)

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs have now provided us with a written update which states that:-

“…An amendment to the relevant legislation of the Interior Ministry has made it possible for provincial governor’s offices to issue ex officio residence permits for touristic purposes which are valid for up to six months (including six months) in line with general provisions on granting residence permits to foreigners who have arrived in our country on a visa issued by our foreign missions, an on-arrival visa or visa exemption agreements.
    Foreigners who exceed the duration of their visa, visa exemption or previously issued residence permits can benefit from the above-mentioned practice on the condition that they pay the penalty for overstaying.
    In this respect, while Cabinet Decree No:2011/2306, which took effect on February 1, 2012 set the duration of stay in Turkey for foreigners as 90 days in an 180-day period, foreigners who are visiting our country as tourists can legally stay in our country for a total of nine months through a six-month residence permit which they can receive from governor’s offices upon application. …”

To summarise, British nationals who have arrived in Turkey on a tourist visa and who wish to stay on for a longer period can apply for a tourist residence permit for a stay of up to 9 months. This provision already appeared in the original regulation (full text from Turkish Police website (in Turkish)) but it seems that the application procedures have now been simplified.

For further information or to make an application, you should contact your nearest Foreigners Police/Aliens Department (Yabancilar Subesi).

Consular Services Turkey
    9 March 2012

http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/help...portant-update

Notice that this mentions British tourists but guess that is normal considering it was issued by the British authorities in response to a notice from the Turkish authorities.

I suspect, and hope, that this will not require any details about accommodation as the normal Tourist Visa did not mention any thing about this. Guess we will have to wait for further details but at least they are beginning to think along the right path.

Cheers

Squeaky