Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Cummins M2 300HP 6BTA 5.9

Quote Originally Posted by superheat6k View Post
    Latestarter my Cummins are Thornycroft marinised 6BT5.9M 210HP, so don't have CACs. The boat was built Winter 90-91, so likely has 1990 engines.

1 Anything I should consider paying specific attention to ?

2 Is it possible to upgrade them to 6BT'A' standard and gain some extra HP ?

3 I have noticed my Stbd engine cools down significantly on the 3 mile river jaunt back to the mooring, so I intend to replace the thermostats on both this Winter. Is the 86oC item ASAP sell suitable or should I go to Cummins for these ?

Thanks.
    Hi superheat,
    Latestarter asked if your calorifier was on the engine that was running cooler, just out of interest, was it? Did you find the source of the issue?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Princess 368 man View Post
    Ah thanks how do I find out what the CPL 970 consisted of please and is there any order to CPL numbers?
    Thanks,
    Pierre
    Set yourself up with an account on Cummins quickserve and put your ESN in.

You might find a summary of the 6bt CPL's elsewhere online, have a look at SBMAR website.

Anyone want a brand new Sherwood raw water pump for 6BTA M2?

Quote Originally Posted by PCUK View Post
    Anyone want a brand new Sherwood raw water pump for 6BTA M2?
    Funnily enough, I bought one on ebay last week, I remembered someone on YBW had one but I couldn't remember who it was, I wondered if I was unknowingly buying yours, I bought a Sherwood P1730, with the hose elbows, brand new, 220 delivered. They seem to be about 750 new.

I couldn't recall which one yours was.

I bought a couple of things from Latestarter too, I now have a complete kit to marinise a bus engine, its a slow time plan in the background.
    Last edited by burgundyben; 10-06-19 at 10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by AndieMac View Post
    Hi superheat,
    Latestarter asked if your calorifier was on the engine that was running cooler, just out of interest, was it? Did you find the source of the issue?
    cheers
    Since I replaced the thermostats and flushed the fresh side of the engines the temperatures have been far more even - they now hover ~ 85 - 90oC nice and steady. Now about the bloody fuel system on the stbd ... !
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

Quote Originally Posted by superheat6k View Post
    Since I replaced the thermostats and flushed the fresh side of the engines the temperatures have been far more even - they now hover ~ 85 - 90oC nice and steady. Now about the bloody fuel system on the stbd ... !
    Thanks for the reply, just trying to work out if the calorifier is a potential problem, a local boat with the same engines had a piston grab, mechanic blamed the calorifier for "cooling" the engine and removed it from the system. I hadn't heard of this happening before, so curious to find out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234