Default Birmingham Boat Caravan and Leisure Show cancelled

Did anyone else see this???

Been cancelled - shame cos for me it's better than London - smaller boats, not as busy and some cheap (free) accommodation not far away.

Does anyone know if the Boat part will be resurrected - it's a shame it was getting to be a good show.
    Why can't we work 2 days a week and boat the other 5????

whisper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ontheplane View Post
    Did anyone else see this???

Been cancelled - shame cos for me it's better than London - smaller boats, not as busy and some cheap (free) accommodation not far away.

Does anyone know if the Boat part will be resurrected - it's a shame it was getting to be a good show.
    This was discussed/mentioned on here a while ago.
    Apparently the "Caravan Brigade" pulled the plug on it.
    I quite enjoyed it as it had lots of smaller boats on show and was 30mins from home. Was never going to be a competitor for LIBS and SIBS though.

As an exhibitor I am glad that it is gone. The boat section last year was a joke. The boat hall was full of chairs and coffee stalls to fill it up.

The show became too expensive, the organisers too blase, and the security over night for the stands seems non existent.

We had thousands of pounds worth of navigation equipment stolen the over night last year no one cared, and got stroppy with us when we said that it had to be NEC staff. Strangely the CCTV that covered our stand had "mysteriously" been turned off over night so there was nothing that could be done.

As for blaming the "caravan" lot had the "boaty" lot been turning up in numbers, the "caravan" lot wouldn't have had any clout! So sorry as a boat show it had turned into a waste of time.

SIBS! Best boat show in the country! No "caravan" lot either! LOL

Eddie
    Eddie

It is better to apologise, than to ask permission!

http://www.vanbitz.com

Quote Originally Posted by EddieBlue View Post
    As an exhibitor I am glad that it is gone. The boat section last year was a joke. The boat hall was full of chairs and coffee stalls to fill it up.

The show became too expensive, the organisers too blase, and the security over night for the stands seems non existent.

We had thousands of pounds worth of navigation equipment stolen the over night last year no one cared, and got stroppy with us when we said that it had to be NEC staff. Strangely the CCTV that covered our stand had "mysteriously" been turned off over night so there was nothing that could be done.

As for blaming the "caravan" lot had the "boaty" lot been turning up in numbers, the "caravan" lot wouldn't have had any clout! So sorry as a boat show it had turned into a waste of time.

Eddie
    Sorry you had a bad time there. If it helps, I had my debit card cloned when I bought my ticket - within 24hrs 4500 went out of my current account..

Don't think the show was ever going to succeed if the caravaners pulled out. After all they took the vast majority of the show area.

Eddie
    Sorry you had such a bad experience last time around. If it's any help I had my Debit Card cloned when I bought my ticket at one of the NEC kiosks. Within 24hrs 4500 had gone out of my bank account!!

Don't think the show had any chance of survival once the caravan folk started to pull out. After all, they took up the vast majority of the space.

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Sorry you had such a bad experience last time around. If it's any help I had my Debit Card cloned when I bought my ticket at one of the NEC kiosks. Within 24hrs 4500 had gone out of my bank account!!
    Stuff like this should never happen at such an important venue.

Dreadful! Hope you didn't loose too much personally

Eddie
    Eddie

It is better to apologise, than to ask permission!

http://www.vanbitz.com

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

Don't think the show had any chance of survival once the caravan folk started to pull out. After all, they took up the vast majority of the space.
    cloned twice, John !

Bit surprised you noticed 4.5 grand...

Thumbs up

Stuff like this should never happen at such an important venue.

Dreadful! Hope you didn't loose too much personally

Eddie
    Thankfully the bank reimbursed me eventually.