Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sunglasses Survey

Following on from MBY survey and my bad experience of Bolle sunglasses I wondered what others considered the best in Sunglasses?

From MBY survey thread:

"I actually bought some Bolle Sunglasses earlier this year and the frames fell out so I took them back and the shop loaned me another pair while they sent them back to bolle. Three weeks later and still no sign of them I was informed that the lenses were scratched and would I like them replaced at a cost of 50 quid. No says I. Just repair them or replace them and send them back. They say they cannot replace because they have no stock so I get replacement (slightly different design from shop. I know I could have done that in the first place but I preffered my first choice)

Any way new ones have lost the blue coating in the centre of the lens after only part of one summer so I am obviously too hard a customer for Bolle sunglasses. Funny though I have had other "expensive" sunglasses and they all performed far better than this till I lost them."

<hr width=100% size=1>CJ
    cjs@stone.uk.com

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stone.uk.com>http://www.stone.uk.com</A>

Default Re: Sunglasses Survey

Can someone recommend good sunglasses with polarised lenses. I currently have Ray-bans which are OK but lousy for dealing with glare from water

<hr width=100% size=1>Martyn

Bejasus is offline Registered User

Try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.actionoptics.com/>here</A>. Don't know where there UK outlets are though.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Try here:

http://www.seaspecs.com/html/specifications.html

<hr width=100% size=1>Everything is Eventual!!!!
    Everything is Eventual!!!!

Robin is offline Registered User

Default Cheap & Cheerful Polarised

Wallmart in USA, 'Strike King' fishing glasses, polarised lenses with side shields too, in either amber or grey tints, cost about $9 or what now 5? We buy 5 or 6 pairs each time we go, they are ideal for on the water or even golf and at that price if they get scratched they get dumped. Why buy designer ****?

<hr width=100% size=1>
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Default Re: Cheap & Cheerful Polarised

Going to Oklahoma next week I think i will just help myself to a few pairs.

<hr width=100% size=1>Everything is Eventual!!!!
    Everything is Eventual!!!!

Bejasus is offline Registered User

I have a pair of these bought from Wallmart last year which I use for fishing. Also as I am a glasses wearer, I bought one of the pairs which fit completely over my glasses, and the style isn't as bad as most of this type. As you say, cheap too.

<hr width=100% size=1>

I wear prescription polarised ones for driving but don't need these on the boat (yet), SWMBO uses the clip ons but also sometimes puts the regular ones over her normal glasses. There are a couple of different styles now, including a more curved wraparound type.

<hr width=100% size=1>
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

mikef is offline Registered User

Actually, I've had a pair of Bolle glasses since 1994 that I just can't seem to lose or break. I recently bought a pair of Persol glasses and managed to break one of the lenses the first time I put them in my pocket. Moral of the story - dont buy sunglasses with glass lenses for boating. I took them to my local optician and had plastic lenses put in
    Best sunglasses I've got are wrap-around Oakleys with interchangeable grey and orange lenses which I use for skiing and motorbiking as well as boating. The orange lenses are very useful for low light conditions

<hr width=100% size=1>

Look in the sports/fishing part of Wallmart, not where the normal sunglasses are. The different colour lenses are for different brightness, the grey ones are for VERY bright sun and I think make things a bit gloomy, amber is fine and makes a grey UK day look much nicer!

<hr width=100% size=1>